Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't have a meal in an Italian restaurant without ordering wine. I do not like wine but order a glass just to keep the waiter, head waiter, manager,others from interrupting my dinner constantly and asking what wine I would like. (I can't have caffeine but order a glass of tea when in the USA South and coffee when in the USA Midwest for the same reason.)

Ok, back to the game.

I propose a house rule:
Each player must have one and only one wine as part of their Taste Guide Dinner. The Player adds the Prestige Points from the Wine card to the total. The player receives an additional point for each menu course card that has the corresponding wine.
or
Each player must have one wine as part their of Taste Guide Dinner but the player may have a second wine if and only if the second wine corresponds to the Dessert Menu Card. The Player adds the Prestige Points from the Wine card(s) to the total. The player receives an additional point for each starters, first, second menu course card that has the corresponding dinner wine. The dessert wine card earns the player one point for matching the dessert menu card but does not receive any points for matching starters, first or second course menu cards

I'm leaning toward the second as it is a common practice to have a different wine during dessert, one that compliments the dessert served.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tried the second variation of the above house rule this evening. One player was able to get the Dessert wine into the Taste Guide Dinner. He used the "Search thru the Wine Card Deck Bonus Card" to get it. This same player had one match with his dinner wine and one of the menu course cards. So he got 3 and 1 points for the wines and then 2 additional points for matching the wines with the menu cards. However, I still won the 2 Golden Spoons because I was able to complete a very high value First Course card in the last year (round).

I have to call the game a draw because I did not mention the bonus for matching the food group and ristorante type symbols on the menu item cards till the second year (round) thus giving myself an advantage of which gave me a few more points.

It was agreed that the House Rule was within the theme of the game and was a worthy addition. Therefore I'm adding a page to the rules booklet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.