• [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
It's rising, of course. It's on the East.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a search for "dawn symbol" and I got this:

It's pretty much the same thing as Mindy's except it's from Pokémon so it probably took millions of dollars of R&D to develop (lol redundant). Quite frankly, Mindy's looks like it was created in about 10 minutes in Paint (it probably was). Since we can't use this one, I implore Mindy to refine it! I will pay top Geek-dollar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, what I don't like about Mindy's can be more specific: there's a lack of balance. To me, it seems top-heavy. I like how the rays and the horizon form a semi-circle and I'd like to see the circle complete somehow.

Of course, feel free to slap me in the face because I have no artistic talent. Mark gets the final word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Took less than that, because I totally stole it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can make a field of lines or something below, something like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you're going for, but I don't think it's going to work. Like if you shrink it down to the size it would need to be for a skill card, it's gonna be a mess. It needs to be simple, like the Pegasus and Exodus symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Example:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh just filling in the sun makes a world (star) of difference! Much better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I like it better too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if Billy ends up with the Resignation card and isn't President? Can he play it and force a change? It says "Then choose another character, give him the President title."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:

Alert Viper Pilot: If a viper would be placed in a space area from the "Reserves", you may immediately pilot it and take one action. You may not do this if you were already piloting a Viper at the start of the turn, are currently piloting a Viper, or are in the "Sickbay", "Brig", or "Colonial One" locations.

Original Apollo, I have decided, is broken. Like, Cain- and Tory-level broken. With the CFB Apollo becomes an Action machine. He can take easily twice the number of Actions another character does just due to AVP and Command shuffles with State of Emergency and XOs and what have you. And he doesn't even care if he gets shot down. Just... dumb. He's still strong without Sickbay AVP and the Command shuffle. Not to mention his great Lines of Succession and draw.

The original Apollo is awesome, but this comment really stood out as being wrong. He certainly can't gain twice the number of actions as other characters.

Sure, while he is on Galactica he can get a free action when someone launches vipers, and it is better for him to launch himself with Command than use the hanger deck, but XOing Apollo once he is in space, is not really any different than XOing any other CAG.

If you XO Apollo while is in command, he can use command twice and get into a viper, then perform another action, or use command once and have 2 actions in space.

Once in space he cannot activate his AVP.

If he gets another XO while in space, he can use the move it gives him to return to command (discarding a card) and use command again (launching another viper and putting him back in one) and then is in space with 1 action and an extra viper.

If you had just XOd someone in command you would have 4 Viper activations.

Essentially if you use it like that, his AVP lets you discard a card when XOd to activate a viper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the UFAQ:

No questions with official answers. Some questions about Resignation, with general consensus being that if someone other than the President (or Ellen using her OPG) is playing Resignation, the person they give the Presidency to will stay the President.

Also, re: Apollo

Apollo's best move on his turn is always to do the Command shuffle if he can do so, barring weird situations where he has to protect civilians in Sectors 2 or 3. At worst, you discard a card to get an additional Viper activation. With an XO to someone on Command, it's essentially four "free" Viper activations. You can encounter allies as well. And you have State of Emergency and your OPG as rare but insane chains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any way to make it an Earthrise behind a moon? God knows how to get it that small...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something inspired by the Mass Effect logo is another possibility. They took that first glint of sunrise over a very large curving horizon, then used the same shape as part of the logo above it (with the flare of light becoming the center of the "A"):

The Daybreak icon could be a planet with a similarly-curved horizon, showing a glint of "daybreak" in the form of a stylized flare outline/icon.

It may prove unworkable to make something that looks right when it's shrunk down to icon size, but if the whole planet (rather than just the horizon) were filled in, and the flare made distinctive enough, I think it could look pretty sexy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
Winner of Cards against humanity's first ever Tabletop deathmatch!!
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seelix OPG doesn't work

When we have a water or food shortage and the president or current player have to discard cards and they don't have enough cards to discard... we can still chose the OR option and discards even if they don't have enough cards to do so...

Why should it be different with Seelix's OPG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worded the same way as the Engine Room, which does indeed function that way - if you don't discard 2 cards you don't get the jump symbol. Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we should also reword all the crises with the discard option then... as it doesn't make any sense. Way to expensive price for what it's worth.

She consistently have to always draw 3 engineering to hopefully make some use of her OPG if nothing happens in between...

The overall skill draw & flaw idea is very nice but is completely ruined by her OPG... Maybe lower it down to 3 cards and even there, it's still doesn't solve the "restriction" problem and the situation regarding all other cards

Currently either a human or cylon Seelix have a very hard time using the OPG and we're not talking about the best OPG in the Cain published level here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Crisis is different from an Action, so I don't really see the wording confusion there. Were you under the impression that the Engine Room could be used without 2 cards to discard? What about Roslin's weakness as printed?

But Seelix is getting played quite a fair bit by a few different players, so I'll wait for more feedback before making changes. The OPG is, admittedly, rather restrictive, but it has to be so Seelix doesn't OPG on her first turn and basically circumvent her weakness for the entire game. Her abilities kinda go together in that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got a very good point with Roslin "published" flaw

No i see / understand the engine room the same way, no confusion there.

I just wanted to share some thoughts seeing how V50 is going... the way i'm trying to play her is to struggle to be able to use my OPT (with useful actions) and have a shot at my OPG if needed regardless of being human or cylon. It seems that it's all she does... (trying to struggle for both)

Thus my comments of today

But let's see how it goes like you say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: Those images

I think those would look stellar but it'd be pretty hard to make it two-tone and minuscule. That is well beyond my capabilities as someone who barely knows how to use Paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V Mars
Germany
flag msg tools
How about this for Cally's OPG?

Discharge of a Firearm: Action: Once per game, you may execute another player in your current location. If the executed player was not a cylon, move to sickbay.

Came to my mind just now. Seems reasonable to me, because it's still a free kill, but prevents you from executing a random player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe most people don't like Cally because of the free execution, as it essentially takes away the soft reveal. Putting her in the Brig instead of Sickbay is more thematic and a greater drawback, but it doesn't solve the underlying problem.

This is also why I hate Political Prowess. Brig and Airlock checks are always fun and that card only serves to piss people off, in addition to taking away soft reveals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.