Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about using this game in a class, and I was looking for ideas on how to shorten the game time some to about half.

One idea was to start at turn 3 with some cards added to the campaign deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What grade/grade level are you looking to have the class for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
13 to 16 age range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make it only 5 turns long, skip the debates, and after turn 5 do the general election. Since you are not keeping a card for the debates only hand out 5 cards per turn. Players are then forced to be more judicious with their Candidate card and momentum markers. I would also suggest making a one page reference sheet for the rules so the kids don't have to thumb through the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harlemsushi wrote:
Make it only 5 turns long, skip the debates, and after turn 5 do the general election. Since you are not keeping a card for the debates only hand out 5 cards per turn. Players are then forced to be more judicious with their Candidate card and momentum markers. I would also suggest making a one page reference sheet for the rules so the kids don't have to thumb through the rulebook.

Good idea on the cheat sheet! Also, good idea on skipping the debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Burbank
ca
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple pro-Kennedy Events that help in the Debates, you'll want to consider removing them (and maybe a couple Nixon Events to balance the game changes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.