Subject: Solitaire set up. first gameplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have the game ready to play, I´m going to play solitaire.

I´m going to use the four characters and I have dealt two energize cards for each one of them. I´m going to play the Academy Cadet level difficulty.

Is it O.K:? Should I begin the solitaire gameplay acording to the above description?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mapiu2001 wrote:
I have the game ready to play, I´m going to play solitaire.

I´m going to use the four characters and I have dealt two energize cards for each one of them. I´m going to play the Academy Cadet level difficulty.

Is it O.K:? Should I begin the solitaire gameplay acording to the above description?

This appears to be correct.

As long as you have also followed game preparation instructions (on pages 6 to 10) you should be OK to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Audere est facere
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good to me as well. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks Chris and Erik.

According to the set up for a multiplayer game you should keep the action cards hidden, except for Crew Cards.

Of course, if you´re playing solitaire you have to look at all the cards. Does it give to the solitaire gameplay an extra advantatge?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mapiu2001 wrote:
According to the set up for a multiplayer game you should keep the action cards hidden, except for Crew Cards.

Of course, if you´re playing solitaire you have to look at all the cards. Does it give to the solitaire gameplay an extra advantatge?

The reason this is in the rules is to stop one player to take total control of the game (sometimes called alpha player I think). This is a problem in most co-op games where one player gathers the available info and tells everyone what to do.

While discussion of available cards is allowed, the rule is to stop all the players placing their cards face up and then to micro-manage each possible available move.

While it does give an advantage when there is only one player, it doesn't really make that much difference.

Don't forget that if you wish, you can play solitaire using just one character instead of four. Doing so can make it more difficult in some situations but easier in others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I´m in my first gameplay and I´m enyoing a lot.

One question more: should I record as a turn each mini character turn?

I mean, if I play 3 actions belonging with captain Kirk, should I record one turn?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mapiu2001 wrote:
One question more: should I record as a turn each mini character turn?

I mean, if I play 3 actions belonging with captain Kirk, should I record one turn?

I'm not sure I understand you.

A turn consists of a character taking some actions (depending on the Stardate card, the Action cards you play, the Discovery tokens you play, etc.). A character's turn can consist of any number of actions.

Normally, a player has a turn and his character takes the actions. Since you are playing solitaire and are using all four characters, you take one turn for each character.

You turn over one Stardate card at the start of each character's turn. It doesn't matter how many players there are, a turn consists of a character starting his turn by turning over a Stardate card.

Is that what you were asking? How often do you turn over stardate cards, once per character or once per player? If so, the answer is once per character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Chris, thanks again for your friendly answer.

Yes, I turn over a stardate card per character.

My question is about recording the time in the time track. There are events in the stardate card which obligue you to record time in the time track, but I don´t know if I should record too on the time track one turn per character I play.(apart of the time events which I´m obligued to record in the time track).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mapiu2001 wrote:
My question is about recording the time in the time track. There are events in the stardate card which obligue you to record time in the time track, but I don´t know if I should record too on the time track one turn per character I play.(apart of the time events which I´m obligued to record in the time track).

I'm still not sure exactly what the question is Maybe the answer is obvious (to me at least) that I don't understand it as a question.

The only time you move the Time Tracker is immediately after your character turns over a Stardate Card. Depending on what Stardate card you turn over and at what Difficulty Level you are playing, you would advance the Time Tracker either 0, 1, 2 or 3 spaces on the Time Track.

For example, if you turn over one of the two "2" Action Stardate cards, you would advance the Time Tracker 0 spaces (at the blue Academy Cadet level), 1 space (at the yellow Starship Captain level) or 3 spaces (at the red Starfleet Admiral level).

You do not advance the Time Tracker just because a character has a turn, you only advance the Time Tracker when the Stardate Card has a Stardate symbol on it.

Is that what you meant?

While this has nothing to do with your question, also remember that at higher Difficulty Levels, you perform the events in all the lower levels of the Stardate Card as well.

So at Starship Captain level you trigger events in both the yellow and blue levels. At Starfleet Admiral level you trigger events in the red, yellow and blue levels.

The "2" Action Stardate cards are a good example of this, at Starfleet Admiral level you advance three spaces on the Time Track, not two (as well as discarding 1 Crew / lose 2 Clix).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, it is what I meant. Now I understand it. You only record the time related to the events of the stardate cards.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have already lost my first gameplay solitaire because the game turn track arrived to the end.

I think the game is quite simple to understand but it is gonna be difficult to master. There are several options to choose and decisions are not so easy.

Thanks again for your help, Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.