Subject: Comparable to Dust Tactics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game comparable to Dust Tactics? If so, has anyone already posted an article on BGG doing it? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
I've not played Dust Tactics, but from what I understand it is a miniature game. Abaddon is a board game with miniatures. The base set contains all you need to play the 16 scenarios in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own one and have played both. Dust Tactics is a pure miniatures game that is light on rules compared to other mini games. Abaddon is a boardgame, as stated previously, that uses miniatures. The differences that I see:

- Abaddon follows the Commands and Colors mechanics that are familiar to so many - if you have played any C and C, Memoir 44, Battle Cry etc...you will be familiar with the basic mechanics

- Dust Tactics is all about the minis and seems already to have a plethora of add ons - I can see Abaddon expand but not to the same extent

Abaddon is created by Richard Borg so I already have an innate lien towards Abaddon but that is mostly due to the fact that I am more of a boardgame enthusiast who has only recently entered the world of miniatures.

All that said my advice is to get both. You can never have enough games.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.