Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
Are season/league play a part of the base game, or is it a fan variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules in Formula D mention Team Racing, but nothing about season/league play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:
Are season/league play a part of the base game, or is it a fan variant?

Fan variant, it's easy to make it like you wish. I did a couple of league with my friends and we always change some rules in the scoring etc. Just to make it more fun.

Like the player who finish last (but complete the race) in the previous race start in pole position the next race etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider it a mandatory variant. It takes away some chance of any one race when you play in a season. When only playing one race players that are in the back half can get bored since there is relatively little chance of winning. When you start scoring points for finishing, then you have a reason to fight for one more place and some more points.

The league I am in only awards points for finishing races. Even after four races we already have team rivalries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Boman
Åland
Mariehamn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you can find a league that has been going on since the first release of Formula Dé (today it's called Formula D).

http://home.aland.net/minsida/games/MRL/Season/FormulaDe.htm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gillman
England
flag msg tools
mb
I did a league recently and I found a few house rules can make things more fun.

You want as many people in your league as possible, so you want to make it as fair and balanced as you can. First off, not everyone will be able to make it every week.
You can offset this problem by saying that players can drop their worst 1 or 2 results.(depending on how many races you have in your season).

Qualifying. Instead of the normal rules, we did the following...
At the beginning of each race, each player rolls the black dice and adds their finishing position from the previous race. Highest qualifies first, etc.
This means that if you get unlucky for a whole race (which can happen) and finish last, all is not lost.
Lastly, we have a rule that you only retire if you run out of engine points (we also run the over-revving rule). Anything else and you spin.
We do this because a spin is pretty devastating as it is. It's enough of a penalty for someone who has been reckless and retiring is too much of a penalty for someone who has been unfortunate. If keeps people in the game, which is important over a season.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.