Subject: Freeing from Steel Net and movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
Can you use the Move tile or the Dance to free a Dancer unit from the Steel Police's Steel Net without actually the unit (well, you could say it's a 360 degree rotation) or do you actually have to move it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule says that Dancer is affected by nets normally except that it can move away from a net with a move tile or dance.
So no, rotation will not free it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
Yes, but I understood it mostly as being mostly because the netter is still there, and you have to physically move away from the net to free the unit. However, the paragraph regarding the Steel Net only says you can free your Dancer Object by doing the Dance or playing a Move tile - it doesn't say you can't do it by rotating the Object (or even, specifically, by doing a "360 degree rotation"). After all, in the case of Steel Net, moving away from the net doesn't really matter, as I believe the Steel Net continues to work even if e.g. the netted unit is pushed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean, maybe a good question for someone at Portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titouan Guillaume
France
Itteville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, interaction between Steel Police's net and Dancers is confusing, it definitely needs an official enlightenment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zin Thari
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ausir wrote:
(...)I believe the Steel Net continues to work even if e.g. the netted unit is pushed.

As far as I know, netted units cannot be pushed, so that situation cannot exist.
I also recall there being something about freeing from net by rotation, and it was stated, that the only faction which can do it is Vegas, by spinning netted agitator/HQ to take control over the netter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Da red wunz go fasta!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ausir wrote:
Yes, but I understood it mostly as being mostly because the netter is still there, and you have to physically move away from the net to free the unit. However, the paragraph regarding the Steel Net only says you can free your Dancer Object by doing the Dance or playing a Move tile - it doesn't say you can't do it by rotating the Object (or even, specifically, by doing a "360 degree rotation"). After all, in the case of Steel Net, moving away from the net doesn't really matter, as I believe the Steel Net continues to work even if e.g. the netted unit is pushed.

Thus, perhaps, moving the dancer that is netted by Steel Police HQ does not remove the net?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.