Popular Tags: [View All]
Cheng Hsin-An
msg tools
Hi, I didn't understand this card "Mummy"'s effect,

[Mummy]
The Mummy is a copy of the card that took the last trick,
having same rank and same suit.
Once it has been taken in a trick,
it is a card with neither suit nor rank.
You can't lead the first trick with this card.

Is it means

A.
this card is useless when played,
when scored, this card will transfer to one of the card in last trick?

or

B.
When played, this card would be the card that last played in this trick.
When scored, this card is useless.

which one is correct?
if B is right, if the last card would win this trick, then which card will win this trick?

And I got a problem in wizard,
May I follow the wizard with no suit and no rank?
Cause this happened last night,
when in last trick, one of my friend's last card in his hand is wizard. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mummy is a copy of the card that won the previous trick.  So when you play the Mummy it will completely depend on the other cards played in the current trick to determine which card wins.  This is best explained with a couple examples.

Example A:  The second trick was won by Sally with an Ace of Dwarves.
Then Sally leads a King of Dwarves for the third trick.  Dwarves are worth one point based on the current goal, so she wants to clean them up.  Joe plays a 3 of Dwarves.  Sam has no dwarves so he plays a 5 of Goblins.  I then throw out the Mummy which becomes another Ace of Dwarves because that was the card that won the last trick.  I win because my Mummy (Ace of Dwarves) beats Sally's King of Dwarves.
At the end of the round when I'm counting up my score, this Mummy is no longer treated as a Dwarf, so this trick only brought me 2 points (for the King and 3 of Dwarves

Example B:  The fifth trick is won by George with a 7 of Goblins.
Based on the current goal each trick is worth negative points, so George leads a 2 of Knights for the sixth trick to try and lose the lead.  Betty plays a 6 of Knights.  Greta plays a 4 of Knights.  I'm lucky enough to have no Knights, so I play the Mummy which becomes a 7 of Goblins.  Since Knights were led and the Mummy became an off-suit card, Betty wins with her 6 of Knights (and takes the negative point for winning.)

The Wizard needs to be played before the last hand.  It's a unique card because it is not played as part of a trick, instead it is thrown out after a trick is taken.  It allows you to snatch a card from that trick and play it again, leaving the Wizard in that player's score pile in the other card's place.  So your friend should have played it and had a different card in his hand other than the Wizard.

Example:  The fifth trick was won by Tim.  It contained Ace, 9, 6, and  3 of Knights.  Knights are worth points this hand, so it was a wise play.  I throw out the Wizard before Tim leads the sixth trick and take the Ace of Knights into my hand (and put the Wizard in its place in Tim's score pile.)  Now, on any later turn I have this powerful card available to potentially win a trick, and Tim's score is reduced because he lost that Knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheng Hsin-An
msg tools
Thanks for your explain!
That's really help laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ninô
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mummy card says:

"You can't lead the first trick with this card."

Can you play it on the first trick, even if you're not leading it? I'm guessing you can't. If you can, what's its value?

Maybe it should be phrased: "You can't play this card on the first trick."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.