Popular Tags: [View All]
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it ever happen?

I'm so disappointed that I sold this one years ago and haven't been able to re-acquire it. If this will not get reprinted soon, is there any other game that gives you a similar feel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
is there any other game that gives you a similar feel?

None that I've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
okami31 wrote:
is there any other game that gives you a similar feel?

None that I've played.

Well, that's no help! Haha...ah, man...it was so much fun but not worth 100 smackers in the current market...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor The Geek
United States
Harrisburg area
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since I watched the Dice Tower review of Manila, it has been on my radar to buy. But no way am I paying $100 for it. Somebody needs to do a Kickstarter re-print of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manila is quite a big hit among the local Taiwanese gaming group. Maybe it's because Manila involves dice and money

Since it's OOP, the price went at one point to US$100. Then someone discover a stock at Holland game store, and the price had gone down a bit. On the other hand, I've known three people who made their print and play edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wenerstrom
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded a brand new game $40 game for my copy about a year ago. There may still be a couple tradeable copies out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*Raises hand*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul Schwartz

Lockport
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Manila is quite a big hit among the local Taiwanese gaming group. Maybe it's because Manila involves dice and money

Since it's OOP, the price went at one point to US$100. Then someone discover a stock at Holland game store, and the price had gone down a bit. On the other hand, I've known three people who made their print and play edition.
where is the pnp avialable at thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any copies anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprinting this requires a bit of trouble that I'm not sure anyone is willing to do. See, the designer died. I'd had a few emails with him about his designs (started when I insulted one of his designs), and then suddenly he died. He was very nice, and was allowing me to work on a Manila expansion road for playing up to 6 players...but I never finished it without his help, and he was no longer around.
But I digress, it is most likely either due to honoring him, that they will not reprint the game, or their is trouble trying to reprint a game from someone who is deceased.

On the other hand, Key Largo was republished (new art and publisher) after its designer died (different guy). But, the first edition by tilsit was published after his death; the second edition was years later by a new publisher. So, that might not be a similar reasoning. Anyways, there you go for some odd reason it might not make a reprint anytime soon.

Ironically, I remember when Manila came out, it was on the bargain tables for 10 bucks because no one wanted it. Of course no one played it/reviewed it to show it to the world. After the world found it, blam! it shot out of the roof in demand. Happily, I had a copy the first edition first day it was released and played it once with my flgs group and hooked them to it. They have very few games in their library, but Manila is forefront when they have a chance to play something. They are all gamblers at heart. I gave my copy as a gift. I miss it but enough copies exist if I need my fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.