denny prijadi
Russia
Sevastopol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dear friends

Question#1

the card 'unseen strike' with text :

Action: Choose a character you control. Until the end of the phase, that character gets +3 while attacking an enemy with a higher engagement cost than your threat

is it possible to use this for dunhere when he attack enemies on staging area? since most enemy staying on staging area usually got higher threat count.. so with this card i got total 6 ATK before any additional weapon attachment ?

Question#2

Keeping Count attachment with text :

Attach to a hero. Limit 1 per hero.
Attached hero gets +1 for each resource token on another copy of Keeping Count that is above the current number of resource tokens on this card.
Forced: After attached hero attacks and destroys an enemy, place 1 resource token on this card.

how to use this card ? this card is useless if there is only one attached on 1 hero the entire game? is this supposed to be like the friendly rivalry between gimli and legolas in the books, when they compare kill count?

my take on this card is i should put 1 attachemnt on my killer (assume legolas), and another to Dunhere or Gimli. and then the kill count on legolas's attachment will add AtK value to Dunhere or gimli.. is this right?

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Quinti
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes.

2) And yes. You can see it as a buffer for all your heroes if you use 3 copies. When you play more than 1 copy it makes your killer a buffer for your other heroes.

This way you're adding a fair amount of STR to the other "non-killer" heroes and as a result you can combo with heroes like Boromir or Dunhere, so when they are buffed they'll attack multiple times/directly to the staging area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denny prijadi
Russia
Sevastopol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jekzer wrote:
1) Yes.

2) And yes. You can see it as a buffer for all your heroes if you use 3 copies. When you play more than 1 copy it makes your killer a buffer for your other heroes.

This way you're adding a fair amount of STR to the other "non-killer" heroes and as a result you can combo with heroes like Boromir or Dunhere, so when they are buffed they'll attack multiple times/directly to the staging area.

this attachment is sick... 3 on killers and non killers... what a crazy way to hit enemies..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denny prijadi
Russia
Sevastopol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iis it me ... or the additional player cards from dwarrowdelf cycle is ramped up in abilities ?

can a core set + mirkwood cycle card decks survive against KD and dwarrowdelf????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Quinti
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed you can. But Dwarrowdelf cycle is harder than Mirkwood. Some scenarios are close to insane .

Of course, some of the players cards on this cycle are better options if you only use Mirkwood ones, but you can try to min-max your strategies with only cards from the first cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bateman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm complaining, but it seems strange to me that both of those very good cards have 0 cost. Perhaps they're trying to bring a little parity to the extreme difficulty of the game, or is there some hidden "price" that I'm missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denny prijadi
Russia
Sevastopol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes its insane zero cost card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping Count does absolutely nothing, until you get another copy into play. Of course, once you get that second copy the first can have quite a number of tokens already.

But it is a late-game buff, which makes it much less valuable for me. There are plenty of combinations, that make the decks really strong, once you are a good number of rounds into the game.

The Unseen Strike, OTOH, is more for the early game. It also has a rather high hidden cost (unless you play Dunhere, or use Hands upon the Bow, which circumvents that particular cost), since you actually have to be able to attack the enemy, which means, you have to engage it (at least, normally), which you otherwise would not need to do, yet.

Both cards are absolutely fair, in my opinion.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.