$10.00
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see no guidance in the main playbook about what to do about conflicting setup instructions. I am assuming that they take priority if they are lower in the list.

The reason I bring this up is due to the Scenario 11 Soviet Setup which first stipulates "...at least 6 hexes from the German edge" but then goes on to state, "Leg and towed units may setup in any Heavy Woods hexes." Maps 2 & 3 are in play. Only Map 3 has Heavy Woods hexes and they are all within 6 hexes of the German edge, so I am guessing this is an exception to that 6 hex exclusion zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a bunch of errata, you might want to check out the FAQ over at Consimworld. I'm a little surprised by the depth of the errata (missing pages, etc.) because it's WAY out of line with other GMT efforts which are typically quite excellent. Bloody April had really poor proofing as well (missing critical counters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've the errata - Scenario 11 is not mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
I can see no guidance in the main playbook about what to do about conflicting setup instructions. I am assuming that they take priority if they are lower in the list.

The reason I bring this up is due to the Scenario 11 Soviet Setup which first stipulates "...at least 6 hexes from the German edge" but then goes on to state, "Leg and towed units may setup in any Heavy Woods hexes." Maps 2 & 3 are in play. Only Map 3 has Heavy Woods hexes and they are all within 6 hexes of the German edge, so I am guessing this is an exception to that 6 hex exclusion zone.

The setup instructions are correct. Hex 3AA5 is 6 hexes from the German side. Remember, partial hexes are playable; reference section 1.3, second bullet.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was traveling without access to my game data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, so it is. I let myself get distracted by the 'any Heavy Woods hexes' bit. I am still puzzled: why mention 'Heavy Woods hexes' at all, especially as a plural? As you point out, hex 3AA5 is already a legal setup hex (for non-vehicles) so why one sentence that seems to muddy the waters?

Not to grouse, though. Jim, I very much appreciate you taking time out to address these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
Ah yes, so it is. I let myself get distracted by the 'any Heavy Woods hexes' bit. I am still puzzled: why mention 'Heavy Woods hexes' at all, especially as a plural? As you point out, hex 3AA5 is already a legal setup hex (for non-vehicles) so why one sentence that seems to muddy the waters?

Not to grouse, though. Jim, I very much appreciate you taking time out to address these questions.

My philosophy of scenario presentation doesn't assume heavy woods and building hexes are legal setup locations (not in the sense that units may or may not legally occupy the terrain type), that's why I make specific mention of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.