Subject: Thieving Spiderines Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolas Moore
Australia
Toowong
Queensland
flag msg tools
I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere in the FAQ or the list of topics on BGG:

With Thieving Spiderines, can you steal coins from active races adjacent to you via the Spiderines' chasm ability? Or can you only steal from them in regions physically next to your Spiderines?

(This question also applies to Spiderines who have Froggy's Ring, which can steal from opponents adjacent to a particular region.)

The reason that I'm not sure is that the rules say that "regions next to chasms are considered adjacent for conquest purposes", which would suggest that the answer is no (stealing isn't a conquest), but the rules also say that the adjacency rule works for the case of Flocking Spiderines, even though flocking isn't a conquest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Grider
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me right now, but I'd say you're right with that it doesn't work since it's not conquest and since the rules specify that the adjacency rule works for Flocking that it only works for Flocking and this is an exception that the rules allow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Moore
Australia
Toowong
Queensland
flag msg tools
Thanks for the answer. That makes sense to me and otherwise it makes them overpowered for a race that gives 7 tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.