Subject: 1999 Hasbro/AH Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to sell this edition and it seems extremely nice components-wise (e.g. metal pieces), yet it seems that it is not particularly valuable. Is this the case? I have it listed now for $40 with a fairly damaged box, but perhaps that is too high?

Update: Sold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine brand new back then for about US$45.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Soñando
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
I found my copy of this edition gently used (ie: shelfwear to box, but unpunched components) for $6.00 in a Savers.

Since that time I've seen several copies of this edition at used bookstores or thrift stores in a variety of conditions. I almost always buy them and I usually give them as gifts or as the grand prize to students who I know will love and appreciate them.

So, um, maybe more common that it would appear?

Copies of the game, in all editions, seem fairly common. I mean, it's been around since 1957 and there have been several editions and print runs. I can't imagine it being all that valuable. Everyone who would be willing to pay for a premium copy of it, probably already owns a copy of it. Add to that the fact that the most recent cardboard edition is flooding the market and going for $15.00 or $20.00 per box and it's likely to drag the cost of any edition down. After all, this is one of those games where the quality of the components matter very, very little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine brand new at a game store in the US for $30. Sold it for $10 at a convention a couple years ago.

You're asking too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Jenkins
United States
Murrysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I bought a copy of the 1976 Edition with plastic pieces for 30.00 at a local game store in good condition.

I'd say unless a copy is mint it's worth about 25-40 in good condition, because this game had huge print runs, so copies are out there. I see it for sale at half-price books as a collectors' item for 65$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.