Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

(thumbsups appreciated!)

Happy Autumn!

(58 days till Ludo 2012)

14 in attendance last week. Great!

How do folks feel about getting Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients for the club?

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 27 September 2012. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.

The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Wizard’s Tower and the Hazeldean Public Library.

Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Follow the signs to the church basement.

I will be collecting $2.50 from each person. The first $20 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2012 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $151.00 and the library stands at 6 games (Lancaster, Automobile, Eclipse, The Forgotten Planet, Colonial: Europe's Empires Overseas, and Pergamemnon). Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next!

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srlarkin wrote:

Considering it's popularity, I'd say yes. I still haven't played it though! Here's another game I've wanted to play for a long time and still never have: Axis & Allies. I know! Go figure.

I'll be there.

I'll bring Samurai Swords if I have my car.

And the answer is 'yes', if Mike wants to play Middle Earth quest again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope to be there - it's been a while.

Quote:

Love the game and have reserved a copy of the expansion for myself for when it comes out. And while I don't object to it, perhaps buying supernova ($7.50 from the BGG store) or buying a different game entirely might be a better ROI for the club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:

Look. I want you to understand that I am willing to do this. I just want you understand that the denizens of Middle-Earth are looking for some champions to defend them from the falling Shadow. They probably want someone who can do something a little more useful than tell them just what type of monster is hiding the next area over, ready to destroy them. 2 heroes cant carry the team. If you think you can step it up this game, [/smacktalk] then I will agree to actually abide by the all the real rules.

But seriously apparently Argalad is not the best hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to get out this week and will try and make it

Steve any ludo details? The website is down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halden wrote:

Not sure why Ludo site is down. I know this is about the time of year registration opens up. Perhaps it has to do with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srlarkin wrote:
Halden wrote:

Not sure why Ludo site is down. I know this is about the time of year registration opens up. Perhaps it has to do with that?

DB errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
Hope to be there - it's been a while.

Quote:

Love the game and have reserved a copy of the expansion for myself for when it comes out. And while I don't object to it, perhaps buying supernova ($7.50 from the BGG store) or buying a different game entirely might be a better ROI for the club.

Hi Steve,
My suggestion would be to steer away from expansions in general for club games. This will help us to spend the limited funds on a more diverse selection of games rather than being pegged into a smaller assortment of choices.
PS. I love the game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopper1 wrote:
GamerAtom wrote:

Look. I want you to understand that I am willing to do this. I just want you understand that the denizens of Middle-Earth are looking for some champions to defend them from the falling Shadow. They probably want someone who can do something a little more useful than tell them just what type of monster is hiding the next area over, ready to destroy them. 2 heroes cant carry the team. If you think you can step it up this game, [/smacktalk] then I will agree to actually abide by the all the real rules.

But seriously apparently Argalad is not the best hero.

I'm not sure he's all that bad. Considering our goal was to be at less than three monster tokens, Argalad did a commendable job at keep that count down.

Btw, John tells me he's interested in playing A&A...seeing as how that's a game I've been wanting to play since I got back into boardgaming, if we can find at least 1 more player, I'd like to respectfully bow out of MEQ and play A&A instead. I need to see what it's all about, for good of for bad.

With that said, I see that Halden may be there and there's still that Risk Legacy tournament that needs finishing.

what to do, what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clone yourself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be able to make it out this week. Will bring the usual assortment. Anyone interested in Eclipse or Game of Thrones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roughly in order of preference;

1 Risk Legacy if we have a full table.

2a A&A (just so I can play with John, and Adam, and cause it's fun too)
2b Game of Thrones
2c LNOE Timber Peaks (I'll have to read the rules on that one so let me know now if you're interested)
2e Samurai Swords

3a Middle Earth Quest
3b Eclipse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taerinshar wrote:
Anyone interested in Eclipse or Game of Thrones?

If Risk Legacy doesn't pan out (or someone wants to take my place), I'm in for either/both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave says he can't make it so Risk: Legacy is out.

A&A it is!

and ooooh...Timber Peak! Can't wait to try that in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

Not sure if you all remember me, but I played a few weeks with you guys, about 6 months ago. I ended up joining a hockey league on Thursday nights and was unable to attend. I'm now free on Thursdays provided my gf doesn't need the car.

Lookin' forward to some more board game fun! Hope to see you all this week.

-Al

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, on a sidenote... I have a few games I can bring. Let me know if there's any interest.

-Agricola
-Game of Thrones (already mentioned in thread)
-Mage Knight (can be too long if there are lots of new players)
-Twilight Imperium (same deal as Mage Knight)

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmb
yeah... I'm out this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since MEQ is out I would be happy to do A&A or game of thrones (especially if Eric was willing to let us borrow his expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopper1 wrote:
... or game of thrones (especially if Eric was willing to let us borrow his expansion)

Eric has entrusted me indefinitely with the ADWD expansion - I will surely bring it along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to learn/play Agricola

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thought I might have to dogsit this week, but it seems I'll be available. Good thing too, as I just got a gaggle of new games:

The Great Fire of London
Core Worlds
51st State
D-Day Dice
Tribune
Android: Netrunner

See you in two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chall wrote:
Thought I might have to dogsit this week, but it seems I'll be available. Good thing too, as I just got a gaggle of new games:

The Great Fire of London
Core Worlds
51st State
D-Day Dice
Tribune

See you in two.

Oh my! I REALLY want to play NetRunner and/or D-Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some games I can take with me. Never had the chance of playing most of them yet.

Bang!
Five Fingered Severance
Grave Business
Nile deLuxor
OZ Fluxx
The Rivals for Catan
The Stars are Right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davey Crocket
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hopper1 wrote:
Since MEQ is out I would be happy to do A&A or game of thrones (especially if Eric was willing to let us borrow his expansion)

I might show up to Kanata again tomorrow, unsure right now. But I would be up for Game of Thrones, AnA or anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chall wrote:

See you in two.

Should also be making it this week. I was interested in this also, although FFG LCG's may not be my thing the theme hits a homer for me. Do we have to play some other game to decide who gets to play, either that or I'm up for a two on one team combined learning run through to see how it plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.