Subject: Question Regarding Rules and Editions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought a second hand copy of the first edition of Friedrich. Is there any reason for me not to download the Anniversary Edition rules and use those? - i.e any changes to the Anniversary Edition rules that won't make sense with a first edition map, cards, etc?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I would suggest to play with the anniversary rules. --- There is only 1 (minor) rules change. That change is dealing with the situation when the Hanover depot city is occupied by hostile pieces. Formerly Hanover could choose a replacement re-entry site in the whole diamonds sector. Now they are more limited to the northern part.

(Note, that I moved the city of Uelzen a bit southwards on the anniversary edition map so that there won't be any ambiguity what "north of Munster" means.)

The changes of the Fate-cards are also no big deal. You should incorporate them when you find a convenient method. The real important one is the Elisabeth-card where Prussia has now to remove any one general (except Frederick).

hope that helps

richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the advice Richard. I played this game for the first time with friends recently and loved it so was very happy to be able to pick up a copy for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.