$10.00
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
I need to get me one of those cool overtext things.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that the current printing of the base game is a "revised" edition (certainly the rule book says "revised edition" on it). Can anyone tell me what the revisions were? More importantly, do they improve game play at all?

I originally passed on this title due to ho-hum reviews, but the release of the expansion has piqued my interest again. However, if the revised edition of the base game is little different from the original print run, I will be less encouraged to check this out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meh
United Kingdom
devon
flag msg tools
I would also be very interested to know (though I will work it out if necessary when I have a bit of time to compare). I love the game anyway but I am aware that it's not everyones cuppa tea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laser Wolf
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight's product page for the revised edition only gives this information:

"The revised edition of Cadwallon: City of Thieves uses the same mechanics and artwork as before, but presents a clarified rulebook and improved clarity on cards and reference sheets."

I sure hope they'll provide the revised components as an upgrade for people who already own the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone actually picked up a copy of the revised edition?

The reason I ask is because I've read about people having trouble with the colored bases (apparently they don't fit well with the minis). I hope FF addressed this problem with the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meh
United Kingdom
devon
flag msg tools
to be fair it's not a great issue, you can either blue-tac or glue them on if necessary (i have had to do this to maybe 4 of mine, eventually I will glue them with a flexible adhesive after I have finished painting the bases) and if the actual base is a bit warped the 'reshape in hot water' method seems to do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if someone could give a detailed list on all the differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eike Klietsch
Germany
flag msg tools
Does any one know the differences or is it realy only an clarified rules book?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.