Popular Tags: ITENS [+] [View All]
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
Finally both interludes hit the written down status! Now the hardest part next - Act 2 quests.

Hope you enjoy the Quests so far.

In the Interludes what are the attack types(melee/range) for Dalena and the Carriage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
quartersmostly wrote:
Morthai wrote:
Finally both interludes hit the written down status! Now the hardest part next - Act 2 quests.

In the Interludes what are the attack types(melee/range) for Dalena and the Carriage?

nice catch - fixed that. Dalena ranged and carriage melee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm currently making a map for your campaign. I've only done the first 3 act I quest, but the current version is shown below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chubby wrote:
I'm currently making a map for your campaign. I've only done the first 3 act I quest, but the current version is shown below.

nice! I will scan you my handdrawn map that you can use to finish your nice project. Thanks alot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Scott
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks crazy fun!

My question is reagrding teh horn of courage. It seems incredibly powerful to heal every hero within ragne 3 2 red dice (plus restoring stamina on a surge. I know the stamina cost 3 is high, but with the trading rules, it's possible for this to actually be used more than once in a single round and potentially almost every round.

I've not playtested this, but having played Avric, his OPQ is only once an encounter, doesn't heal stamina and is very powerful.

The horn is a better healer than anything a disciple can put out!

Maybe consider cutting it down to one red die if playtesting shows it's too powerful (or make it once per encounter)?

That said, this sounds super cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dont forget that the horn is not a trinket but a 1 handed weapon! If you pass it around you probably cannot attack that turn. I probably will add: Exhaust this card ... wait it has that already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Scott
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The trading loop is as follows:

A hero refreshes and equips items after that hero activates, before actions are performed.

Hero 1 has an item. Exausts it on his/her turn, takes a move action and trades it to hero 2. Hero 2 then activates, chooses to equip and refresh the item hero 1 used and just passed to them, and then use it again the same round (potentially taking a move action to trade it to her 3, and so on).

It does take a move ACTION (not movement granted through fatigue) to trade, but exaustable items are open to potential trade abuse, just a FYI!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your insight - i will look into that and try to fix it...

edit:
it is maybe a bit clunky but will work i think:

Quote:
Horn of Courage:
Magic, Horn - 1 Hand
Action: Place 2 hero tokens from your supply onto the Horn of Courage and suffer 3 fatigue to roll 2 red dices. Each friendly figure within 3 squares of you recovers wounds equal to the wounds rolled and fatigue equal to the surges rolled.

Action: Place 1 hero token from your supply onto the Horn of Courage and suffer 1 fatigue to discard 1 condition card of any 1 hero within 3 squares of you.

As long the Horn of Courage has a hero token on it, it cannot be used. At the beginning of your next turn, remove 1 of your hero tokens from the Horn of Courage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remade all maps with the new vassal module for Descent 2.ed and created Vassal Files to enable playing with them.

You have to go to the custom map.

0-Caught-in-the-Web.vsav

1-Lost-in-the-Woods-E1.vsav

1-Lost-in-the-Woods-E2.vsav

2-Struggle-for-Sanity-E1.vsav

2-Struggle-for-Sanity-E2.vsav

3-On-the-Run-E1.vsav

3-On-the-Run-E2.vsav

4-The-Shadow-Realm-E1.vsav

4-The-Shadow-Realm-E2.vsav

5-Supply-Routes.vsav

6-Behind-the-Curtain.vsav

6-Follow-the-Widow.vsav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Puldon
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Heh, you are making me want to buy the conversion kit more and more from looking at these maps/quests.

It looks like the act II quests are huge for both parts! Is your intention to make these very long encounters?

Thanks again for all this work,
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
most of the 2.act quests are single encounters with more loot and more time to play. (not 2 encounters) I am a fan of longer missions. If you guys think i really overdo i will try to cut them in length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:

will start it soon. thanks for the work you guys put in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all act 2 maps are posted now. Only need to post the texts.

1A-Sanctuary-of-Light-E1.vsav

1A-Sanctuary-of-Light-E2.vsav

1B-Path-of-Corruption-E1.vsav

1B-Path-of-Corruption-E2.vsav

2A-Bones-of-the-Ancients-E1.vsav

2A-Bones-of-the-Ancients-E2.vsav

2B-Armada-of-Death.vsav

3A-Fortunas-Favor.vsav

3B-Test-of-Faith-E1.vsav

3B-Test-of-Faith-E2.vsav

4A-Conflux-E1.vsav

4A-Conflux-E2.vsav

4B-Evils-beyond-Time-E1.vsav

4B-Evils-beyond-Time-E2.vsav

5A-Machinery-of-War.vsav

5B-Into-the-Fray.vsav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice I won a copy of 1st edition descent the other day (lucky me for $55), hoping to try some of this scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonic Hedgehog
Austria
Wels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, Impressive
Secondly, Wow
Thirdly, Thank you
Fourthly, Nerd

Still waiting for the German release but I already read through some of your quests and was wondering about one thing!

How do I know which one is the entrance and which one is the exit? The arrows both go in the same direction...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Stoef wrote:
How do I know which one is the entrance and which one is the exit? The arrows both go in the same direction...

It's always the same tiles that's the entrance and the exit. On the outdoor side (A) the entrance is the tile without a stone door frame and on the indoor side (B) the entrance is the tile with sunlight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonic Hedgehog
Austria
Wels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, makes sense.
Tak for info

indtil da

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Chubby wrote:
Stoef wrote:

It's always the same tiles that's the entrance and the exit. On the outdoor side (A) the entrance is the tile without a stone door frame and on the indoor side (B) the entrance is the tile with sunlight.

I don't think that's true in the base game, but it may be true in this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Chubby wrote:
Stoef wrote:

I don't think that's true in the base game, but it may be true in this campaign.

in this campaign for true! in the shadow rune campaign there where some printing errors ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they were printing errors. They just go with what's thematic. For instance, in Masquerade Ball Encounter 1, the Entrance is the open door with light--clearly going to the outside, while the Exit is the door with stairs, clearly going down into the castle's basement. However, in Encounter 2 it's flipped, where the Entrance has stairs, which are meant to be the very stairs you are assumed to have walked down at the end of Encounter 1, and the Exit has the light, leading to the outside via a cave I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buncy The Frog
msg tools
This is looking pretty good so far, and I'm looking forward to playing this once my shadow rune campaign is done, if I can keep my current players/find others.

I would suggest (and I don't intend this to be a slight against you) that before you package everything up and ship it out in a nice package, you get someone to proof-read and edit everything. I don't think I noticed any spelling or grammar errors, but you might find that adjusting the tone and sentence flow a bit might make your text a lot more engaging and thematically appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I don't think they were printing errors. They just go with what's thematic. For instance, in Masquerade Ball Encounter 1, the Entrance is the open door with light--clearly going to the outside, while the Exit is the door with stairs, clearly going down into the castle's basement. However, in Encounter 2 it's flipped, where the Entrance has stairs, which are meant to be the very stairs you are assumed to have walked down at the end of Encounter 1, and the Exit has the light, leading to the outside via a cave I believe.

Woops - I never noticed that. Don't think I played any encounters wrongly, but I must say that I would have preferred consistency over theme in this matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1A Sanctuary of Light / 1B Path of Corruption are ready to play - feel free to comment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2A Bones of the Anchients and 2B Armada of the Dead is also ready to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could need a bit help with the Special rules at Fortunas favor! My question is, would you understand how to play this map with the instructions given or would you change anything?!

** 3A Fortuna's Favor

[WARNING THIS QUEST MAY TAKE SOME TME TO PLAY!!!]

Monsters:
Cave Spiders, Bane Spiders, Lava Beetles, Merriods, Elementals, Ice Wyrms, Ogres, Ettins, Ferrox, Razorwings, Sorcerers, Beastman and Wendigos (refer to special rules)

Open Groups:
None

Setup:
Prepare all tiles and tokens as indicated. Only place the entrance and the connected tiles initially. Place 1 objective token facedown at 11A as indicated, refer to special rules for further instruction.

Special Rules:
Take all travel cards, shuffle them and prepare them in the playarea, you will need them in this quest.
Whenever a hero moves on a faced down objective token, draw a travel card and roll a brown die. Count the shields rolled from top of the travel card down the rows. Look at the symbol of the row you are in. Each symbol stands for another path the heroes discover. If they have rolled a Forest symbol place the next tiles in the green objective token row indicated at the map in ascending order (first time they roll forest place green1 adjacent to the objective token he is standing on, second time they roll forest place green2, and so on.)
Do the same when they roll Water symbol with the blue objective token row on the map,
when they roll Mountain with the red objective token row on the map,
when they roll Road symbol with the villager token row on the map
and when they roll Plains symbol with the white objective token row on the map.
Shuffle the drawn card back into the pile afterwards.

If the Exit is revealed the first time, ignore any further reveals of the Exit tile (skip the number).

If they reveal for the third time the Road symbol replace the indicated search token at 7A with the unique search token. The Unique search token is the Compass of Fortunes!

Reinforcements:
None

Victory:
If a hero moves off the map through the exit, read the following aloud:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The Heroes win!

If the last faced down objective token is revealed and the exit isn't placed, read the following aloud:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The Overlord wins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.