Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ITENS [+] [View All]
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not quite clear on how the exit is revealed or how the OL wins. Maybe it's clear to others and I am just missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
I could need a bit help with the Special rules at Fortunas favor! My question is, would you understand how to play this map with the instructions given or would you change anything?!

I think I understand. Based on rolling a brown die, 50% of the time you use the top symbol on the travel card, 33% the second symbol from the top, and 17% the third. If you exhaust a tile row and roll it again, I assume you place another dead end (e.g., place green5 if you roll forest a 6th time)?

Morthai wrote:
Shuffle the drawn card back into the pile afterwards.

Immediately, I assume -- meaning you could draw the same card twice in a row. The cards are just used to produce a semi-random result, and the text on the cards is ignored.

Morthai wrote:
If the Exit is revealed the first time, ignore any further reveals of the Exit tile (skip the number).

If they reveal for the third time the Road symbol replace the indicated search token at 7A with the unique search token. The Unique search token is the Compass of Fortunes!

If the Exit is revealed (green4 or red3), ignore any further reveals of the Exit tile (skip the number place green5 or red4 instead).

If the Road symbol is rolled for the third time, replace the indicated search token on tile 7A with the unique search token. The Unique search token is the Compass of Fortunes!

[Can you spin the Wheel Compass of Fortune & win fabulous prizes? I assume it is a Relic described elsewhere.]

I assume you interrupt the player's move action to reveal the next set of tiles, and they can continue afterwards. Is the OL allowed to move heroes on to the token to trigger the next reveal (and activate more monsters), or is it strictly player voluntary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
1. correct

2. correct

3. thanks for the corrections
the compass is an additional reward if found.

4. yes the player interrupt their movement there and still can proceed afterwards. I think i will add the forced enter clause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Morthai wrote:
Victory:
If a hero moves off the map through the exit, read the following aloud:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The Heroes win!

If the last faced down objective token is revealed and the exit isn't placed, read the following aloud:

The Overlord wins!

As I read it there isn't much point for the Overlord to fight the heroes. Either they find the exit or they run out of objective tokens. How can the OL affect this outcome?

And what happens if all Forest tiles are revealed but Forest is rolled again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chubby wrote:
Morthai wrote:
Victory:
If a hero moves off the map through the exit, read the following aloud:

The Heroes win!

If the last faced down objective token is revealed and the exit isn't placed, read the following aloud:

The Overlord wins!

As I read it there isn't much point for the Overlord to fight the heroes. Either they find the exit or they run out of objective tokens. How can the OL affect this outcome?

And what happens if all Forest tiles are revealed but Forest is rolled again?

I added a new rule how the overlord can make the heroes life harder. and if a forest is rolled again simply place another dead end as discribed.

If any symbol is revealed more often as possible (5times for forest, 4 times for all others) simply use the last row (5 for forest and 4 for all others = place a dead end tile)

From the third turn on, the overlord may once per turn discard 4 minus the number of faced down objective tokens currently on the map overlord cards at the end of the overlords turn, to remove an faced down objective token and place a dead end adjacent to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Morthai wrote:
I added a new rule how the overlord can make the heroes life harder. and if a forest is rolled again simply place another dead end as discribed.

If any symbol is revealed more often as possible (5times for forest, 4 times for all others) simply use the last row (5 for forest and 4 for all others = place a dead end tile)

From the third turn on, the overlord may once per turn discard 4 minus the number of faced down objective tokens currently on the map overlord cards at the end of the overlords turn, to remove an faced down objective token and place a dead end adjacent to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that change the fact that if the exit has been revealed the Overlord can't do anything to stop the Heroes from winning - he can only slow them down. Without having played the quest, this seems like it could kill the fun for the overlord (and the heroes).

Besides that I really like the idea of the quest with all the randomness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chubby wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that change the fact that if the exit has been revealed the Overlord can't do anything to stop the Heroes from winning - he can only slow them down. Without having played the quest, this seems like it could kill the fun for the overlord (and the heroes).

Besides that I really like the idea of the quest with all the randomness.

It might be correct but i think it will require some playtest - i will check it maybe in the evening at my hometable and see how it is going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Puldon
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Morthai,

I really like the idea of this scenario for the heroes, but I have to agree with Jacob in that it seems like the OL isn't doing much of anything in the original scenario. He/She is just hoping that the heroes defeat themselves or get unlucky. And if the heroes find the exit they can keep exploring knowing that they have victory at hand no matter what.

Also, the rules don't clarify how monster activation works for the OL. Can the OL only activate groups that have been placed on the hero's map?

With your new rule, if the players get unlucky and draw rooms with no additional exits then the OL wins on turn 3 by just discarding 3 cards on turn 3. The new rule basically dictates to the players that they need to hurry in the first 3 turns to open up additional paths as soon as possible. But you make that very difficult because almost every tileset has monsters on it, there are no "safe areas." On a good average turn you can assume the heroes uncover a new tileset once every 2 turns(this is actually optimistic with the distance the heroes have to travel).

So by turn 3 they would of uncovered two new tilesets, at which point they had 25-36% chance of losing the encounter outright assuming the OL kept 3 cards in their hand to discard for a deadend. I also think it would be sad if the heroes just roll poorly and deadend themselves completely.

I agree that the overlord needs a scenario mechanic to put pressure on heroes to make them hurry, but I think both sides need outs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will rethink the mechanics of the quests probably. you all have valid points and i am open to new suggestions how it could be alternate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think that instead of limiting the number of paths that can be revealed it would be better to limit the number of turns that the heroes has to find and go through the exit. In this way the Overlord has motivation for slowing the heroes down as much as possible. (If the countdown could be implemented such that it give sense thematically like in the original "Dawnblade" quest it would be a plus).

Another option is to give the OL an objective of his own and whoever completes their objective first wins. But that's probably harder to work into the encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that maybe hero deaths could give out fatigue and 3 fatigue can close a possible way... but maybe to easy to achieve for the OL...
The randomness of the map makes it hart to fiddle with an idea like in dawnblade ... I will surely use some new mechanics in a scenario but here it don't fits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Morthai wrote:
I thought that maybe hero deaths could give out fatigue and 3 fatigue can close a possible way... but maybe to easy to achieve for the OL...

That also sounds like a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a more interesting idea:

Will-o'-the-wisp (represented by a mionion shade)
Quote:
Will-o'-the-wisp
Speed 3, cannot be attacked and is immune to all condtitions, can only perform move actions. Will-o'-the-wisp ignores any figures and obstacles he moves trough but must end its movement on an empty space.

Reinforcements:
At the start of the third, sixth, ninth and twelfth overlord turn, he may place 1 will-o'-the-wisp at the entrance (Use some die or tokens to keep track of the turn number).

Whenever Will-o'-the-wisp enters a space with a faced down objective token on it, remove the objective token and place a dead end adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3A Fortuna's Favor and 3B Test of Faith are ready to play (i think)

thanks for your help and input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 - Days of Fire / Last Stand got their corresponding maps!

7-Days-of-Fire-E1.vsav
7-Days-of-Fire-E2.vsav
7-Last-Stand-E1.vsav
7-Last-Stand-E2.vsav

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexrol1988 alexrol1988
msg tools
Thanks for this awesome Campaign. I'm waiting for the rest of the campaign 4 to 7.
I can translate this campaign to Spanish, and post in another forum? Saying that the merit is yours, obviously, and a link to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexrol1988 wrote:
Thanks for this awesome Campaign. I'm waiting for the rest of the campaign 4 to 7.
I can translate this campaign to Spanish, and post in another forum? Saying that the merit is yours, obviously, and a link to this thread.

As soon i find the time to post 4A/4B 5A/5B and 7 I will do so - tight scedule atm.

Would it be troublesome for you to post your translation here and link to the thread/your post? (btw thanks for your awesome support of my selfmade content.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4A Conflux and 4B Evils beyond time are ready to be played!

As I draw closer to finishing act II - the more feedback I would appriciate! Give me your questions, suggestions and issues you found!
thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexrol1988 alexrol1988
msg tools
I start tomorrow the translation, maybe we post in this thread and in the forum of the game, in a Spanish editorial of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you notice some issues with my english bear in mind i am not a native speaker so you can always correct my terrible textes and send me hints X)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5A Machinery of War and 5B Into the Fray are ready to play!

This concludes all Act II missions! Only the Finals are to be written!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
5A Machinery of War and 5B Into the Fray are ready to play!

This concludes all Act II missions! Only the Finals are to be written!

Awesome. Thanks for everything you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexrol1988 alexrol1988
msg tools
I don't understand the Open Group System, can you give me some help? With example please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
alexrol1988 wrote:
I don't understand the Open Group System, can you give me some help? With example please.

It's pretty much like in the original campaign. So when the OL is told to pick one or more open groups chooses among his monsters with the desired traits.

So for example in "Lost in the Woods" you get the following information:

Morthai wrote:
Open groups of small monsters (1x1).

Open groups:

Wilderness, Cursed

Which means that the OL should pick 2 monster groups that have either the Wilderness or Cursed trait and are considered small (their base only cover 1x1 square on a tile).

Thus if you have the conversion kit the OL can pick any two of the following monsters:

Cave Spider (Wilderness/Cave)
Flesh Moulder
Medusa
Beastman
Dark Priest
Zombie
Skeleton Archer
Shade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexrol1988 alexrol1988
msg tools
OK, thanks for the explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.