Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
eurek
Italy
San Donato Milanese
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just acquired a copy of dragonspire, and this is the only one I own from the series.

- can I play with ts advanced rules?
- can I play mudules being released for ts advanced?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enricodonaggio wrote:
I just acquired a copy of dragonspire, and this is the only one I own from the series.

Yes. AEG released a free PDF with all cards from the original Thunderstone upgraded to Thunderstone Advance's standard. The file also includes all the new basic cards from TSA.

enricodonaggio wrote:
- can I play with ts advanced rules?
- can I play mudules being released for ts advanced?

No. User Sippi has posted 2 custom modules for Thunderstone classic but you will need some cards from other sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eurek
Italy
San Donato Milanese
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, pdf found. It contains more or less 390 cards to be printed. Do those cards substitute the correspondant cards in Dragonspire, or do I simply add them all to DS?

Taking in mind that DS comes with 600 and 400 are downloadable for free, I don't know if acquiring it (even though through a mathtrade) was actually a good deal..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonspire is the best deal amongst the TS classic sets for many reasons incl the tokens, a box big enough to store several sets, global setting cards, etc. So definitely a good deal.

You can choose to either play with the Basic cards in Dragonspire OR the advance Basic cards in the pdf. The advance Basic cards allow you to ramp up the early game faster.

The rest of the pdf cards can be mixed in with Dragonspire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
User Sippi has posted 2 custom modules for Thunderstone classic but you will need some cards from other sets.

I couldn't find these custom modules.
Could you please post the links?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ernst, they're right here on the Dragonspire variant forum:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/837850/thunderstone-clas...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/840585/thunderstone-clas...

I've tried Borrowsdale which is the most fun you will ever have with diseases. Can't wait to try Nigel Strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:

I've tried Borrowsdale which is the most fun you will ever have with diseases. Can't wait to try Nigel Strong.

Thanks for the links.

Do you think they work with the Advance Rules too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warbear wrote:
chromaticdragon wrote:

Thanks for the links.

Do you think they work with the Advance Rules too?

Definitely yes. I was using Prepare to stock up my hand with a Woodfolk level 3 hero and plenty of Diseases (aka Ammo) to gun down the Guardian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eurek
Italy
San Donato Milanese
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Dragonspire is the best deal amongst the TS classic sets for many reasons incl the tokens, a box big enough to store several sets, global setting cards, etc. So definitely a good deal.

You can choose to either play with the Basic cards in Dragonspire OR the advance Basic cards in the pdf. The advance Basic cards allow you to ramp up the early game faster.

The rest of the pdf cards can be mixed in with Dragonspire.

Easier than I thought.. So e.g. I can use the rules from TS ADV, using ALL the cards from my DS copy + all print&play cards (taking out Basic cards), provided that I apply the Compatibility-Guide directions (level for monsters and such).

Did I get it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enricodonaggio wrote:
Easier than I thought.. So e.g. I can use the rules from TS ADV, using ALL the cards from my DS copy + all print&play cards (taking out Basic cards), provided that I apply the Compatibility-Guide directions (level for monsters and such).

Did I get it right?

Yup but if you are playing the modules, of course those have their own special rules to be followed.

For classic Monster cards, I treat any Battle effect that destroys stuff as an Aftermath effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eurek
Italy
San Donato Milanese
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And as far as the thunderstone bearer is concerned.. I think I'll have to house rule it, either use the only one provided in print&play pdf.

Thanx! Everything's much clearer now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple things that I'm not sure are entirely clear.

The Print & Play is all of the cards from the basic Thunderstone game, adapted to TsA card formats (layout, mostly). Dragonspire is a separate game, with an entirely different set of heroes, monsters, and village cards. The only overlap are the "basic" cards you need to play any game (your starting hands, the diseases, etc.). Unless you really want the layout from TS:A, it's probably cheaper to buy a copy of the original Thunderstone rather than print off all 400 cards.

The modules released for TsA are specific card layouts, which are comprised of cards found in the Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin game (and one module from the expansion, Caverns of Bane). So you won't really be able to play these modules without owning ToR, since you won't have the correct selection of heroes, monsters, and village cards.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.