Shogun» Forums » General

Subject: Box fit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's the same with my box, allways has been since I first opened it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I guess there's some kind of standard size of box and they didn't want to take the next size up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schuman
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does all fit in if you keep trying - if you get the tower and the tray right the rest should follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine fits fine... all components in the box and the lid sits firmly where it should

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheznik2 wrote:
I just got this game, used from an auction, is everything supposed to fit in it? My lid sits up a good bit and it seems the boards and the 5 instruction booklets don't fit in right.

So take out four books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pop
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
It's flat, mate! :)
badge
Calavera!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same with my copy. The insert is just too high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the game, thus I don't know how the plastic insert has been really made, but I could guess.

You could try to cut the plastic bottom border of the insert to let it fall down into the box and leave some room up for the booklets.
Like this:

or at least you could find this solution smarter :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zaleski
United States
Wintersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I may just have to look at it and maybe trim the bottom of the insert. It never bothered me enough to do it, but I'm pretty sure I did remove all the books.

Only other thing I did was to make a cardboard piece to sit in the green case and hold the pieces together. There's a flap of tape that I need to use to pull it up. Keeps things from sliding around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan F.
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just received my copy and the box top was disfigured and bulging out because of all the components. Because they wanted to squeeze everything in the main board and player boards are all warped and edges peeling off. The punch board was misaligned on one side as well so I'm going to contact their customer service. We'll see if they'll replace it.

Earlier last year I bought 2nd edition of the Manhattan Project and it was being printed by Queen games...they had wrong card sizes and printing problems.

Definitely not buying from Queen games again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggler wrote:
It's the same with my box, allways has been since I first opened it.

Mine too, although removing the booklets in other languages certainly helped "lower the bulge".

Played it for the first time last week. Quite lengthy (3 hrs 3p) but it was fun! Cube tower worked great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamarche
Canada
Val-d'Or
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem with Shogun AND Chicago Express too, another game also from Queen games, altough the problem is less with chicago.

The two games fit perfectly in their box if you remove the plastic inserts but fit rather poorly when using it.

In those two cases, I must say I am not impressed the way the box inserts are made.

mcfer wrote:
I am a Wabash Cannonball game owner (the original one from Winsome Games) so after coming back from Essen I was curious to see what was in such a big box. I already saw the demos in the Queen Games stand but I just wanted to check it by myself in a calm situation.

Opening the box and finding what is inside is always part of the excitement... unless it is almost empty. So I made this small comparison to show everyone that the box is just a flimsy excuse to increase the price. After all, you cannot open the game in the store and check its contents, can you?

Box size outer dimension: 21,7cm x 30,7cm x 9,6cm
Total inner volume: 30,2x21,5x9,5 = 6168 cm3

Contents:
Gameboard: 29x20x1,2 = 696 cm3
Charters: 21x14,8x0,8 = 249 cm3
Money: 8x4,6x1,9 = 70 cm3
Shares: 9x6,5x04 = 23 cm3
Rules: 21x29,4x0,2 = 123 cm3
Locomotives and pieces: half liter bag = 500cm3 (including air)

Total volume of contents = 1661 cm3

% of box (volume) used = 27%

That means that almost 3/4 of the box is empty. surprise

Incredible? I would say Shameful.

That's how Queen Games has to justify a higher price. They could made half size box and there would be still lot of free space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.