Hide
2 Posts

Ticket to Ride: Europe» Forums » Variants

Subject: Economic variants? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Marmo
msg tools
Has anyone ever thought up variants that add economic features to the game, like paying money to claim routes, or buying stock of each colored network etc.? Well, maybe that wouldn't be technically a variant, but a mod, since it would involve outside components like poker chips or Monopoly money, for example.
I know you might probably want to ask me, "why don't you buy Steam or Chicago Express or something from the 18XX family instead?" Well, let me just say I will, eventually! It's just that I'd like to slowly introduce my family to some of those more advanced concepts using the TtR framework they already know and love, before committing the bucks in one of those, undoubtedly great, games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogerms wrote:
Has anyone ever thought up variants that add economic features to the game, like paying money to claim routes,.

see: Jet Set
read a session report: First Time Perspective: This is NOT like railroad games I know

Rogerms wrote:
.. or buying stock of each colored network etc.?

see: Airlines Europe
(and antecedant Union Pacific)

Rogerms wrote:
...before committing the bucks in one of those, undoubtedly great, games.

$32, list
http://www.wattsalpoaggames.com/detail_jetset.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.