Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Tosti
Italy
Foligno
Umbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I couldn't find these questions were previously asked here or in CSW, so these are my questions:

1) Terrain Effects Chart states LOC should be traced through rivers only at non interdicted crossings but the definition of LOC in 2.4h does not mention this (while this is specified in the following definition of LOS instead): which one is correct?

2) about LOS now, should the path be made by "controlled" hexes or simply hexes "free of enemy units, contested or uncontested ZOCs" as stated in the definition in 2.4i? Actually 10.6b seems to answer, since it specifies that the crossing must be friendly-controlled. In fact this is quite important because you can block enemy's LOS simply controlling key river crossings, without the need to keep a unit there, if enemy units are not around (I saw this situation arising in a recent game of scenario 1 during the around-Dynamo turns).

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still trying to figure out what LOC (Lines of Communication) are for!

What function do they serve in this game? Case Yellow is 10% crunch, 90% chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Andrea...i see you posted this over at consimworld. Did you ever get clarification?

1) For now i'm going by the book...

Quote:
h. Line of Communication. An LOC is a path of hexes of any
length, free of enemy units or uncontested enemy ZOCs, from one
friendly hex to another designated friendly hex. An LOC cannot be
traced into or through any non-French hex.

I like the idea of using the stricter LOS rules for LOC because it creates this brief window right after the Sedan breakthrough for the Germans to ponder pushing south with a few divisions to try and cut LOC to the Maginot Line. The Germans sure could use the VPs.

With the rulebook LOC rules, forget that, on to Abbeville...

edit===

Actually, i just noticed the crossing interdiction example of the rulebook (page 6) very clearly shows LOC and LOS being treated the same in regards to river crossings... so now i think the TEC chart is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.