PanzerBlitz» Forums » General

Subject: Updated original situation cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
This "erratta" mentions updated new situation cards. What changes were made from those in previous editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
Melrose (Rensselaer County)
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they were tweaked for game balance/playability.

For example, in one of the previous versions, Situation 3 gave the Russians Blocks and Minefields, which made it nearly impossible for the Germans to fulfill their objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have the updated situation cards because my Situation #3 card does not have blocks or minefields for the Russians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Hmm...mine doesn't either, despite it being the 1970 edition. See this image from the gallery:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
Hmm...mine doesn't either, despite it being the 1970 edition. See this image from the gallery:

Yep, that is what mine looks like, too. I figured I might have a later printing of the game because it is not a slipcase version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Sineath
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you should ask this, because I was JUST reading an article about the development of PanzerBlitz. If the first printing, four scenarios had typos, four were unbalanced because of the setup instructions, and one scenario almost always ended in a draw, so was boring.

The situation that had blocks and minefields was situation 6, not 3.

You can find the really awesome article I just read at The Imaginative Strategist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
garygarison wrote:

I've played Situation #3 from this card using PzKw III G factors (8-A-3,6-8) and the Germans have a really rough time of it. This is assuming that by "covered with fire" means hexes within range of any unit, not just artillery.

It just occurred to me that limiting fire coverage to artillery units might make this a more balanced scenario.

There is also a very strong possibility I'm playing it wrong.

Another variant I'm aware of has the boards laid end to end, with blocks and mines for the Russians. Given my experience above, this would be really hard for the Germans to win.

Edit: Arvold published an updated German OOB using 1941 units in the Boardgamers PanzerBlitz special issue. Worth buying the PDF. The updated German OOB fields at least a dozen PzKw IIs and IIIs. You will need every one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.