Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I was wondering what the thickness of the land and seaframe tiles for these versions is?

Recently I purchased the Brazilian version of Settlers of Catan, which uses the same plastic player-components and graphical style as the second Dutch and new German versions. So it looks mostly compatible from what I can see from the internet, save the back of the advancement cards (Br. version has company-logo).

But... The Brazilian version of Catan has thinner tiles compared to the outer sea- frame. Because there is no Brazilian expansion for 5-6 players, I might want to purchase the dutch or german version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, to anyone interested here in Brazil: I sent a mail to and got a reply from 999 Games about the materials in the Dutch 2nd edition.

They estimate the land tiles to be 1.5 mm in thickness, and the seaframe a slightly thicker 1.8 mm.

I measure the Brazilian landtiles at about 1 mm and the seaframe at about 2 mm. So it appears the Dutch expansion(s) materials are not compatible with the Brazilian version in respect to tile-thickness.

Now just to hope Grow will release an expansion of their own...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.