Subject: How does the grappling hook work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have thought that you designated which balloon you were hooking on to and then followed its fate. But the facts that the hook is resolved last and that there is no commentary about how/when/whether you designate which color you're hooking up with (assuming that more than one start out a single level above you) make me wonder if that's really how it works. Is it that you use the grappling hook in anticipation of the next turn -- i.e. you wait til the end of the turn you've played the hook card to see who ends up one level above and then hitch your balloon to that one for the next round? (In which case, does what you play the next round matter at all?) Is there some other possibility I'm overlooking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who uses a grappling hook chooses which balloon to grapple to (if there is a choice) after seeing what card is played. Only balloons that played Ballast cards or Super Motors can be grappled, and then only if no sleeping gas was played by a balloon one level higher.

The rules say

Quote:
Hooks can be used to hold onto balloons with Super Motor or Ballast Cards, it is the player's choice. A Sleeping Gas will break a Grapple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.