Subject: Improvement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Morgan
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
The first game looked nice and you wanted it to be half decent but it was a pretty lame game. Does this improve the game enough to make it replayable (its main fault - one game you're meh)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:
The first game looked nice and you wanted it to be half decent but it was a pretty lame game. Does this improve the game enough to make it replayable (its main fault - one game you're meh)?

Well,depends...you get 6 new Missions + conversion rules for the Base
Game Missions.The Combat System is beefed up a little & you can hire
Mercenaries.The Inn optional rule allows your Gang to start with extra
equipment.So you can vary your Gang & its equipment bit.

I'm not sure if you were disappointed in the Base Game that this Expansion will change your mind.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Apfel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:

I was? I don't recall being meh about the first game at all. I loved the first game. I love the expansion just as much, though it does add a lot more setup time to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:

The expansion adds what I think FFG felt was missing from the game when they acquired it from Dust.

You have the ability to Wound thieves now. Earn Experience Tokens which can be spent to re-roll a die or buy equipment (you earn one each time you roll a 6 when attacking in combat). There are new discoveries added to the game (things like explosive traps and hidden passages). The Merc's have gotten overhauled. Other rules improvements were made (such as moving through your own thieves).

The catacombs are very risky and add a sort of euro feel, with the risks you take to get the good treasure.

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of the base game either. Not at all. It felt too shallow when played with less than 3 players. This expansions additions really fixed the game and improve its fun factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Van Den Mergel
Belgium
Sint Amandsberg
East Flanders
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with DarkKami, this expansion adds more fun to the game but it will never be reach the same popularity as the miniature game that was at it's base!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
Its.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.