Recommend
22 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Galaxy Trucker: Another Big Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: English rules are up! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: designer_comments [+] [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://czechgames.com/en/essen-2012/
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it known, what are the dimensions of the 5th Anniversary box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Is it known, what are the dimensions of the 5th Anniversary box?


340x467x70mm

Slighly bigger than 2 GT boxes next to each other.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Have they said what will be in the 5th anniversary box that isn't in the other boxes?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karel_danek wrote:
340x467x70mm

Slighly bigger than 2 GT boxes next to each other.


Thanks. Not very portable, but I guess there's only so much you can do with all of the cardboard in the box. At this point I'd prefer a version with the ships printed on cardstock instead of thick cardboard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typo on the flavor text for Cru-bots:

Quote:
Why don't slavers capture crubots?† To  nd out...


I assume that's "to find out".

Actually, "fi" seems to disappear from all of these boxes: "science fiction" on page 6 looks like "science ction".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Typo on the flavor text for Cru-bots:

Quote:
Why don't slavers capture crubots?† To  nd out...


I assume that's "to find out".


That's not a typo. It's a ligature that's present in the original document but didn't get properly transferred to the PDF format. It's hopefully ok in the source files sent to the printer (which could be in a different format).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool stuff!

I think there's an error in the example at the top left of page 4, where it shows a cyan/brown mixed life support system hooked to 3 cabins via a router module. The text says you could put a cyan alien in one cabin, and a purple alien in another. However, the life support system is cyan and brown, not purple.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Azeltir wrote:
Typo on the flavor text for Cru-bots:

Quote:
Why don't slavers capture crubots?† To  nd out...


I assume that's "to find out".


That's not a typo. It's a ligature that's present in the original document but didn't get properly transferred to the PDF format. It's hopefully ok in the source files sent to the printer (which could be in a different format).


Indeed it's a bug which happened somewhere during conversion from monster 130MB print ready beast into reasonable size file. We're looking into it and update the file once we fix it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
So sad to not see Predator and Commando meeples... must find a way to get some into the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada,

If a predator is walking and eats some explosive batteries and then runs into some armed crew, should there be an explosion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Vlaada,

If a predator is walking and eats some explosive batteries and then runs into some armed crew, should there be an explosion?


Hello Michael, ok, there probably should be an explosion.

But ther won't be any, as the card text do not say so. Unless you homerule that. Feel free to make any Rough Road nastier/more thematic, as long as anyone agrees on that when the card is revealed
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Vlaada,

If a predator is walking and eats some explosive batteries and then runs into some armed crew, should there be an explosion?


Hello Michael, ok, there probably should be an explosion.

But ther won't be any, as the card text do not say so. Unless you homerule that. Feel free to make any Rough Road nastier/more thematic, as long as anyone agrees on that when the card is revealed :)


I thought you were trying to make the game too easy for us! First support teams, now this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand the Class IV insurance rules. Suppose my insurance cost is $4 and my maximum loss is $17. When I buy insurance, then at the end of the voyage:

(1) I pay $4, plus $1 for each tile of damage, up to a total of $17?
(2) I pay $4, plus $1 for each tile of damage, up to a total of $21?
(3) I pay $1 for each tile of damage, with a minimum of $4 and a maximum of $17?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Predator example on page 12 refers to a double cannon, but it's actually a single cannon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I don't really understand the Class IV insurance rules. Suppose my insurance cost is $4 and my maximum loss is $17. When I buy insurance, then at the end of the voyage:

(1) I pay $4, plus $1 for each tile of damage, up to a total of $17?
(2) I pay $4, plus $1 for each tile of damage, up to a total of $21?
(3) I pay $1 for each tile of damage, with a minimum of $4 and a maximum of $17?


You need to pay the insurance at the beginning then can pay another 17 more. (so, #2)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.