Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Pierce
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The aggressive, evil Western Allies declared war on the poor Norwegians in last nights game (Just before my peace loving Germans were about to arrive and do some sight-seeing). Landed two Infantry blocks and declared an assault. Waiting to support my new minor allies, the Germans spent a special action to move the 2nd Norwegian block to contest the invasion. At this point, Bill (evil western ally) cried foul! After some intense rulebook page turning, Ron (Neutral-forever Russian--we have a non-aggression pact after all) ruled in favor of the Germans.
I'm pretty sure Rick will rule agaisnt me (he usually does--I believe he secretly lives in a Western Allied country and is culturally biased)
but thought I'd check to see if my move was legal....
Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
I would have said no. Axis minor powers may use German special actions but Norway is a neutral minor power. Under section 9.64 the only minor powers with special actions are listed. No mention is made of being able to use a controlling powers SA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon_1066 wrote:
I would have said no. Axis minor powers may use German special actions but Norway is a neutral minor power. Under section 9.64 the only minor powers with special actions are listed. No mention is made of being able to use a controlling powers SA.

I'm with Jon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pierce
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thought process went like this, since 9.63 says "When war is declared against a Minor Power, its territory immediately becomes friendly to Germany or Great Britain, whichever is on the non-invading side." we gave the minor (which is no longer a neutral) the same status as the other Axis Minor Powers.

If the UK "buys in" Spain or Turkey, by your thought process their forces can't be affected by a Western Allied SA either?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stup
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
The answer from the designer is "no". See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1533345#1533345.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pierce
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I see that this is going badly....

I have decided (in the best traditions of Megalomanical Dictators) to ignore the opinions and rules which go agaisnt me. Instead I am going to spend one of my precious "Fantasy Special Actions" and proceed as if none of you exist as you attempt to twart my perfectly legitimate desire to conquer the world.

Sigh...Thanks everyone!

Stuart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.