Subject: Going mad waiting for all the kickstarter games to arrive! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of kickstarter games should be arriving around late October/November. Can't wait!

To stop myself from continually refreshing their BGG pages I thought I'd make this thread so I can hopefully talk with other addicts who are also patiently waiting for their games.

In order of looking forward to the mostess:

1) Among the Stars - I've played a printout version of this at the Auckland BGBTB and really enjoyed it! I've been waiting to play it again ever sine...

2) Chicken Caesar - Nothing like a bit of Political Intrigue, although I just know my playgroup will back stab me out of all the deals

3) The Resistance: Avalon - Have played The Resistance a lot I'm Looking forward to spicing it up a bit.

4) The Manhattan Project + The Manhattan Project: Second Stage - A worker placement game where you can Nuke your opponent!

5) Briefcase - Actually don't know that much about this one, got it as a packaged deal with Among the Stars.

6) Flash Point: Fire Rescue – 2nd Story + Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Urban Structures - More buildings to burn to the ground!

How is everyone else holding up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

I haven't had any of my orders, but a few others have drifted through including Farmageddon

Chicken Caesar
"Oh My God! There's An Axe In My Head." The Game of International Diplomacy
Agents of SMERSH
The Resistance: Avalon
and Race to Adventure: The Spirit of the Century Exploration Game

Quite why i got the last one I don't know... all I can imagine is I was unwell at the time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually received a few recently, so my current problem is getting them all played:

Sentinels of the Multiverse, plus its various expansions.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue – 2nd Story, so now I have 4 sets of meeples: wooden pawns, 2x wooden firefighters, and plastic firefighters. My box runneth over.
Puzzle Strike (Third Edition), plus its expansion.

I'm still waiting on
Escape: The Curse of the Temple, plus its various expansions (reported in Oz so should be here soon). Got it!
Gauntlet of Fools, for which I have a shipping notice. Got it!
Glory to Rome, though I'm not exactly optimistic about receiving that soon!

Edit - fixed mismatched bracket. The shame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My kickstarter copy of Escape: The Curse of the Temple arrived yesterday.

Glory to Rome - group-buy, don't even care when this one arrives. Excitement level zero.

Kittens in a Blender expansion - they are massively behind schedule

Vitaculture - only just finished their campaign, so now need to forget about it till next year

Amongst the Stars - looking forward to this, but still patient.Just like with Escape it will be a nice surprise when its on the doorstep

Kings of Air and Steam - group-buy, I can't remember what the latest is on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only waiting on Fleet, and it's expected any day now.

The other two I've backed aren't due for a while:
Viticulture
The Great Heartland Hauling Co.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently waiting on:

Flash Point + 2nd Story + Urban Structures
Gauntlet of Fools
The Resistance: Avalon + The Resistance
Tsuro of the Sea + Tsuro

Have shipping notices for all of the above.

And at a later time should be getting.
Sedition Wars (Nov)
The Manhattan Project+ Second Stage+ Nations (Nov)
Fallen City of Karez + Golden Dragon (Nov)
Race to Adventure! (Dec)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Got my copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse the other day and so far have played one solo game (win against Ambuscade) and one 3 player game (loss to Spite).

Waiting for The Resistance: Avalon.

Not due til June 2013 is Storm Hollow: A Storyboard Game.

Did anyone back Fallen City of Karez? Looked at it but couldn't justify it with other up and coming purchases. shakeI should have looked one post upshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one more week to Essen then I get to pick up all my KS Pre-orders in one big pile. But then I have to wait another couple of weeks to get home and play them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hear ya, buddy. Waiting on

The Manhattan Project: Second Stage (already own base game + nations 1)

and even more excitedly

Tammany Hall - glad I accidentally stumbled on this one before I even knew anything about kickstarter, including its increasingly negative reputation. I might have been scared off; Can't wait for it! Thanks Nathan@pandasaurus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:

Tammany Hall - glad I accidentally stumbled on this one before I even knew anything about kickstarter, including its increasingly negative reputation. I might have been scared off; Can't wait for it! Thanks Nathan@pandasaurus!

I read a lot about this one through the games for geek gold. It was a struggle not to get it but finances when it came up... + I saw problems getting it played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Rebstock
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting on:
Eaten by Zombies!
Eaten By Zombies!: In Cahoots

Wrong Chemistry
Pixel Lincoln: The Deckbuilding Game
Mage Tower, A Tower Defense Card Game
Viticulture
Fleet
Fallen City of Karez
Jungle Ascent
City of Iron
Get Bit! the deluxe Tin (can't remember if i can merge that with the original copy for massive multiplayer shark frenzy)
Mr. Card Game
Marauders
Salem
Junk
Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game
Guilds of Cadwallon

mmmmm.... no wonder i'm tapped out shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agents of smersh- soonish
Gun ship first strike- soonish
drunkquest

zombicide is here and very happy.

I've managed to resist the rest. postage is a killer..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speshul wrote:
agents of smersh- soonish

When will you get Agents of SMERSH dyt??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
My kickstarter copy of Escape: The Curse of the Temple arrived yesterday.

Hey, me too! I just got back from holiday today and discovered a HUGE box containing 2x Escape, 2x Escape expansion, 2x Roma (2nd Edition), 2x Escape promos. Tried it with my daughter and she approves, so that's a win

I also forgot to mention Railways of North America (currently an active Kickstarter project). I used to have Railways of the World, but sold it in favour of Steam and now miss that sprawling, over-produced game... but it's not due until June 2013

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi people from the otherside of the world sorry for gatecrashing your thread!

Agents of smersh, I am not aware of an update for over a month, but it said it was leaving the printers soon.. Unfortunately I am on a group buy so not acutally a backer directly, but the backer of our group has moved so the address has been changed to mine... arghh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speshul wrote:
Hi people from the otherside of the world sorry for gatecrashing your thread!

Agents of smersh, I am not aware of an update for over a month, but it said it was leaving the printers soon.. Unfortunately I am on a group buy so not acutally a backer directly, but the backer of our group has moved so the address has been changed to mine... arghh.

I'm thinking in the next 2 months but it may arrive where you are first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copies of Tsuro and Tsuro of the Seas arrived today with some promo tiles for Tsuro of the Seas (+t-shirt, pin, dice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dipree wrote:
My copies of Tsuro and Tsuro of the Seas arrived today with some promo tiles for Tsuro of the Seas (+t-shirt, pin, dice)

Nice, you bringing Seas in on Wednesday?

I got my shipping notice/tracking number for The Resistance Avalon & Flash Point Expansions. So only have to wait 1-3 weeks now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes will bring it in on Wednesday, will print out the rules for the promos so we will have those too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Power Grid Fan
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
I'm only waiting on Fleet, and it's expected any day now.

The other two I've backed aren't due for a while:
Viticulture

Is this the 2nd printing of fleet? an expansion? I got this game in a geekbay auction a few weeks ago. Didn't know something else was coming out.

On the other hand, Im backing two.

Little Bighorn
Rummy

Salmon Run

Looking at:

Storm the Castle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moore
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dipree wrote:

Yeah, my copy arrived on Thurs/Fri last week. Played in the weekend with the kids and it went down well!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Always Red wrote:

4) The Manhattan Project + The Manhattan Project: Second Stage - A worker placement game where you can Nuke your opponent!

Hope this is just excitement leading to hyperbole and not what you're expecting Brad since you explicitly don't nuke anyone in TMP. You can use conventional bombs to deny opponents use of their buildings. Atomic bombs are built and occasionally tested but not exploded on the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
Always Red wrote:

Hope this is just excitement leading to hyperbole and not what you're expecting Brad since you explicitly don't nuke anyone in TMP. You can use conventional bombs to deny opponents use of their buildings. Atomic bombs are built and occasionally tested but not exploded on the enemy.

The mechanics of The Manhattan Project are awesome. I love the combination of shared worker placement and the take x to make y to make z. I've only played it twice, but I love it more every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Tammany Hall - glad I accidentally stumbled on this one before I even knew anything about kickstarter, including its increasingly negative reputation.

I keep on hearing this. I've seen projects go unfunded, I've seen projects cancelled by the creator and (unfairly) by kickstarter itself but that can't be the reason people are warning others away. The only negative I know is the huge price for shipping but people can evaluate for themselves like I did and choose to pay or not so that can't be it either. It's like one person decided to say the bubble (what bubble?) was going to burst then all these other people started predicting the same doom in unison.

What exactly has happened that people are badmouthing kickstarter? Who has been ripped off? Who feels they have been ripped off? What project have people funded expecting a reward only to have their money taken yet not gotten the reward at the level they sponsored? (All arguments aside that you're not buying anything only making a donation in anticipation of a reciprocal reward.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Howell
New Zealand
Manukau
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got home to find Flash Point: Fire Rescue + Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Urban Structures + Flash Point: Fire Rescue – 2nd Story waiting for me. A lot of stuff, doesn't all fit in box. (Got the firemen meeples with it too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.