Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pirate's Full Sail action card says: "Move any number of your minions to other bases. Special: Before a base scores, you may play this card."

Does this card only allowing moving minions from the base about to be scored to other bases (like the example in the rulebook) or can you move any of your minions around between bases?

We played the latter which made this a very powerful card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Park
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I interpret it is you may move any number of minions that's stationed on a base to other base(s). I may be wrong though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Turn Yet?
United States
Kirkland
WA
flag msg tools
Wanna play a game?
badge
Visit me at http://myturnyet.tumblr.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. We've played it this way and not found it to be overpowered.

The context of the action is playing it when a base is scoring. While the card doesn't call this out explicitly (bummer...), I do think that it implies the source of the movement comes from the scoring base.

You can move each minion (independently) to any other base, so they don't have to go to the same one (or the text would say "to another base", not "to other bases").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Allard
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krompot wrote:
The Pirate's Full Sail action card says: "Move any number of your minions to other bases. Special: Before a base scores, you may play this card."

Does this card only allowing moving minions from the base about to be scored to other bases (like the example in the rulebook) or can you move any of your minions around between bases?

We played the latter which made this a very powerful card.

Unless a card specifies it only affects a particular base (e.g. Enshrouding Mist or Shinobi), its effects are universal (e.g. Microbot Fixer, Microbot Alpha, or Microbot Archive). In the case of Full Sail, its any/all minions currently on bases to any/all other bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
Back One Night Resistance on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play this card you forfeit the points on the base you are moving from since it is "before" the base scores correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
If you play this card you forfeit the points on the base you are moving from since it is "before" the base scores correct?

Yes, if you are moving minions from a base that is about to score. The base still breaks, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laeki Moonwalker

California
msg tools
sorry to bring up an old thread but i had a question. Lets say a base is about to be scored that i have no minions on and its someone elses turn. can i play this card even if its not my turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laeki Moonwalker

California
msg tools
thanks so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Lanthier
Canada
flag msg tools
My wife used this card + some shinobi's to steal a base from under my nose... Was very arrrh and ninja

But sorta annoying lol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
TrentL wrote:
My wife used... some shinobi's

Just checking, you mean she had shinobi's already in play and she moved them right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam E-R
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
Just checking, you mean she had shinobi's already in play and she moved them right?

I think it was a combination of moving things already in play to the base and throwing in extra shinobi power to steal first place.,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gipson
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
krompot wrote:

I have a different question about this card … on the Special ability … is that the only time you can play Full Sail, or can you also play it on your turn as a regular action card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it as a regular card, because the Special part doesn't come until halfway down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.