Subject: Nazgul Search rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Kickerz
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Can someone explain to me how this card works?

It is very confusing to me. For example, if my Fellowship is hidden, and I am at 2 on the move tract, does the Shadow Army player only have to move a Nazgul to the last known location of the fellowship to reveal me?

Or does he have to place his Nazgul around the board, and than force me to declare my position. And than, if my position is in the location of one of his Nazgul, I am revealed?

Very confused. Please help. You guys are great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As you say in the first example - the Shadow just needs to move a Nazgul in the location of the Fellowship to reveal it.

As your position is only decided when you're revealed or declared, the second possibility cannot exist in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Kickerz
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
So he only has to have a Nazgul in the last known location of the Fellowship? -If I am at 2 on the movement track, I am unlikely going to be at my last known location-.

Thank you for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The logic of the card is the same used throughout the rules.
For example, a Nazgul grants a bonus to your Hunt roll when it's on the Fellowship Last Known Position, no matter where the Fellowship travelled to in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kickerz wrote:
So he only has to have a Nazgul in the last known location of the Fellowship? -If I am at 2 on the movement track, I am unlikely going to be at my last known location-.

Kickerz, it sounds like you are confusing last known position (the figure on the board) with progress on the Fellowship Track. To remove any doubt, follow these steps:

Shadow Player
1. Play card
2. Move any or all of the Nazgul that are currently on the board to wherever you want them to go
3. After this movement, if a Nazgul is in the same region as the Fellowship's last known position, reveal the Fellowship

Free Peoples player
1. Move the Fellowship figure a number of regions away from its last known position equal to (or less than) its progress on the Fellowship Track (in your case, up to two regions)
2. Flip Fellowship progress marker and move it to 0

Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicely put Raf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.