Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's been a pretty good thread about the possibility of a Roads and Boats reprint. Jeroen has popped in now and again, but is acting all cagey. So...why is CLS Games taking preorders for R and B in Q4 2012?!?

I emailed them and this was their response...

Quote:
In August, we brought in the following Splotter titles:

* Antiquity
* Indonesia
* Greed Inc.

Next up, are the following, which we have been told will be available later this quarter

* The Great Zimbabwe
* Roads and Boats
* & cetera
* Duck Dealer

So what's the deal? You know, the latest Antiquity reprint didn't get any advance notice either IIRC. I therefore have two burning questions:

1) Is a Roads reprint coming in Q4 2012?
2) If so, why keep it a secret? Yes, we Splotter fans do like surprises, but when it comes to a big-ticket purchase like a Splotter game, we also like to have a little time to plan...plus it gives some time for buzz to build throughout the Geek...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mb
My FLGS says they're getting it in, but no word on specific dates. I've pre-ordered a copy (and &cetera of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe if there is a hint of re-print or a new game that CLS posts an item in the Marketplace for pre-order. I've noticed quite a few games that are hard to find show up in the Marketplace only to be disappointed to see it was a "Pre-Order" from CLS.

Everything I have read (including posts from Jeroen) indicate that Roads & Boats will likely be on the reprint schedule in 2013, most likely later in the year, but you never know, it might be earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin in Kansas wrote:
I believe if there is a hint of re-print or a new game that CLS posts an item in the Marketplace for pre-order. I've noticed quite a few games that are hard to find show up in the Marketplace only to be disappointed to see it was a "Pre-Order" from CLS.

I emailed him about it and he said they would have it in sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin in Kansas wrote:

Everything I have read (including posts from Jeroen) indicate that Roads & Boats will likely be on the reprint schedule in 2013, most likely later in the year, but you never know, it might be earlier.

Yeah, I know about CLS. And I've been following Jeroen's posts closely. But this seems to be a little more impressive than the usual vapor announcements by various retailers. AND they did this with the Antiquity reprint too...led people to believe it would be much later than it actually was, mainly indirectly/by omission...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crane
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
FYI

Pre-order for a November release is also mentioned here:

http://www.gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=B19...

and here:

http://www.starlitcitadel.com/games/pre-order-release-dates....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
O ho ho ho! All right, I'm gonna proclaim: REPRINT HAPPENING AT ESSEN. Spread the word. If it's not, Splotter, please issue an official statement to the contrary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'm going to raise my pot-stirring in a new thread. See you there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Wiersinga
Netherlands
Leiden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
~So here's what's going on: we are in active discussions with retailers/ distributors to possibly reprint this game. Basically, for the past 2 years we have told all interested shops and distributors that if they would buy a large enough volume, we would reprint. One distributor took this very seriously and is now very actively collecting pre-orders from shops. We did not know they were doing this until we met them last saturday in Essen, so we were surprised by the pre-order forms as well.

The good news is, it looks like demand is high and we will thus more than likely reprint soon. But we cannot confirm this 100% as we are still discussing/evaluating volumes and conditions. It will unlikely be finished in November but Q1 2013 seems realistic, if we go ahead.

Joris
Splotter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have 40 years in January 2013. What a wonderful gift it will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joriswiersinga wrote:
~So here's what's going on: we are in active discussions with retailers/ distributors to possibly reprint this game. Basically, for the past 2 years we have told all interested shops and distributors that if they would buy a large enough volume, we would reprint. One distributor took this very seriously and is now very actively collecting pre-orders from shops. We did not know they were doing this until we met them last saturday in Essen, so we were surprised by the pre-order forms as well.

The good news is, it looks like demand is high and we will thus more than likely reprint soon. But we cannot confirm this 100% as we are still discussing/evaluating volumes and conditions. It will unlikely be finished in November but Q1 2013 seems realistic, if we go ahead.

Joris
Splotter

WOO HOO! I had a feeling in my bones!!!

How can we use the power of the Geek to get out the word? Is it possible to contact the distributor, or possibly retailers, to demonstrate fan interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good news! Can't wait to get this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.