Subject: Enterprise cornered or destroyed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have problems to keep the Enterprise alive or out of the last corner.

How should I deal with the Klingon Ship?

Thanks for any strategy hints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Find the tokens that boost the Enterprise's shields and weapons then use actions to attack the Klingon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That depends on the difficulty level you're playing at. The harder the level, the more the Klingons attack. There are a few things you can do to help, regardless of the difficulty:

1) Win faster - this one is kind of obvious, but it bears mentioning. Being as efficient as you can in finishing the missions on the planet will help you draw fewer Klingons Attack cards, and thus keep the ship alive.

2) Get the bonus discovery tokens early - You should target the tokens on the planet for +1 shields and +1 Long Range weapons for early pickup. Go and get these as quickly as you can and get them back to the ship so that you're more evenly matched with the Klingons. If you can get the Major Discovery tokens as well, then make that a priority too.

3) Draw lots of cards (especially with Uhura) - Drawing cards will get the bonus cards for shields and weapons into hand for use in the battles. Additionally, it'll get you those all important cards that let you repair the ship. Use these cards immediately! There's no point to holding onto them for later. Also, keep in mind you can use Starfleet Training (I think that's the name) to reroll Klingon attack rolls. This is particularly important if they're in close range and will deal you two clix of damage in one shot. You can also use the cards that give a bonus to any die roll on your attack rolls, which you might consider doing because by damaging the Klingons, you're reducing their ability to do damage to you.

4) Retreat only when absolutely necessary - Retreating will help keep you alive, but at some point, you need to stand your ground or else you're really going to take a big hit to your scores. If it's close to the end of the game and you've still got several clix left on the Enterprise, then don't retreat. It doesn't matter if you only have one click left when the game ends, it's still a victory.

Hope this helps keep you and the Enterprise alive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, as long as you stay out of close range (i.e. right next to) the KBC, you should attack (thus advancing) as often as possible early in the game. Gets you valuable wiggle room for later until you can get those upgrade tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks to all of you for your friendlly and usefull answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.