4 Posts

Small World Underground» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tomb ability and attacking your own in-decline race. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew m
msg tools
Hi,

first game with underground and we hit a disagreement.

can someone explain how tomb works and whether it still works if you attack your own in-decline race? my friend is claiming that since in the rules it specifies the attack as coming from an opponent it doesn't work for me.

I looked through the FAQ on days of wonder and didn't see it. but we'd like to see what the rest of BGG thinks. and we are a bit confused about how it should work even under normal circumstances.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this,
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
If a Region containing your In Decline Tomb is conquered, at the end of the attacking player’s turn, you may redeploy any Tomb tokens in excess of the ones lost to your opponent’s conquests as if your Tombs were still active (see Enemy losses & Withdrawals p. 6).

Well what you described is very rare and shouldn't happen (Why would you want to spend 4 tokens to take out yourself?) but effectively your two races act independent of one another and only share a bank account so yes you would be able to redeploy as if you were being attack by another opponent even though it is you yourself who is doing the attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew m
msg tools
you are right, I made a mistake going into decline while occupying the altar of souls, I was taking it with my new race so I could start using it. if I had been playing smarter I would not have had to go to that extreme.

Thanks for the quick response, helped us finish our game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
yogurtking wrote:
you are right, I made a mistake going into decline while occupying the altar of souls, I was taking it with my new race so I could start using it. if I had been playing smarter I would not have had to go to that extreme.

Thanks for the quick response, helped us finish our game.

If by mistake you mean incredibly intelligent move than yes going into decline when your tomb race occupying the Alter of Souls was a giant mistake.

Your only TRUE mistake was not reading the rules thoroughly enough

SWU Rulebook Page 14:
SWU Rulebook Page 14 wrote:

The Altar of Souls
At the end of each of his turn, the player whose troops occupy the Region containing the Altar of Souls may discard a single of his In Decline tokens in the Region of his choice to collect 3 bonus Victory coins at turn’s end. The Altar functions even when the troops that occupy it are In Decline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.