Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 99.9% finished rulebook, as well as the Player Reference Sheet, are posted at http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/kickstarter/ogre_rulebook.pdf and http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/kickstarter/ogre_ref_sheet.pdf. See anything wrong? Let us know in this thread.

Please don’t post the same comment here and on the parallel SJGames thread, and if somebody else has already pointed out a typo, there’s no need to post “I see it too.” Of course, if a real “what does this rule mean?” question comes up (let alone a “this rule is a change from the old game and is stupid”), discussion will be appreciated!

This will be your first look at the Brandon Moore illustrations of our “portrait” supporters on the Ogre battlefield. I really like these. My thanks again to the supporters, and I hope you all survive into the next scene.

We expect to post the Scenarios book on Monday (with the rest of the portraits).

Daniel and I are still talking about a few lines in the rulebook, here and there, but only a few. He’s at Essen right now. If you’re there, drop by the Pegasus booth and say hi!

In-house checking of the counter and overlay sheets is now well along. No major problems found. We’re not going to post all 39 for comment, but we’ll put up a counter sheet and an overlay sheet so you can see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall B
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
Links are broken, Phil. Work fine from the Kickstarter update so probably just a board formatting error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
onefreeman wrote:
Links are broken, Phil. Work fine from the Kickstarter update so probably just a board formatting error?

Thank you. They should work now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bannow
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a purely asthetic once over: Looking good Brah! (Page 15)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for the preview...

You're probably looking for feedback that would apply to the printed booklet, but FYI: The row and column headings on all the tables look screwy when the PDF is rendered on an iPad. They look fine elsewhere. I assume I'm not the only person with a pretty massive collection of PDF rulebooks on my tablet for easy reference, so maybe look into fixing that for the final electronic version.

And miscellaneous question: Is the wounded soldier on page 15 supposed to be Tycho Brahe? I only ask because he bears a striking resemblance to the PA character, I know Jerry is a KS backer, and it's probably not supposed to be the Dutch astronomer... so... c'mon - spill the beans!

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Furlong
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor issue: 2.03.01 Roads

Says "... grey line with a dashed white center ..."

Figures here and elsewhere have dashed YELLOW centers.

I feel like I'm picking nits!

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
You're probably looking for feedback that would apply to the printed booklet, but FYI: The row and column headings on all the tables look screwy when the PDF is rendered on an iPad.

I noticed this, too (but I promise I'm not posting just to say that.)

Further investigation shows rendering problems when I view the files on my iPad in Safari, iBooks, and Kindle. However, when viewing them with the Adobe Reader app, the files render just fine.

I don't know why this might be, just thought I'd chime in with a little more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nightglider1 wrote:
Further investigation shows rendering problems when I view the files on my iPad in Safari, iBooks, and Kindle. However, when viewing them with the Adobe Reader app, the files render just fine.

I've run into this exact situation with PDFs in the past. These days I just try to always use the Adobe Reader app on my iPad to view PDFs. Saves headaches.

I don't know what, if anything, we can do to make a PDF display properly in every type of reader out there. I will let our guys know about the issue and maybe they'll have a solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
nightglider1 wrote:

I've run into this exact situation with PDFs in the past. These days I just try to always use the Adobe Reader app on my iPad to view PDFs. Saves headaches.

I don't know what, if anything, we can do to make a PDF display properly in every type of reader out there. I will let our guys know about the issue and maybe they'll have a solution.

Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenarios PDF is posted. Thread is here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/873881/scenarios-pdf-pos...

The deadline for rules and reference sheet feedback is 11:59pm Texas time on Thursday the 25th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.