Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Moslander
United States
Fenton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mayfair 4th Edition doesn't say anything about additional calvary units, except for the one in your recruitment pool. Is there a way to get more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played this but looking at the rules file (in the files section) it's covered in section 7.0, "Recruiting" where it says you roll a die to recruit and you can recruit infantry or cavalry. I hope that answers your question - as I say I've not played this and don't have it so I may have misunderstood your issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll get more cavalry by promoting your single cavalry unit. Then build it and promote it again. And so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles McLellan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
If this edition is the same as the former ones, you can promote the Militia Cavalry to Veteran Cavalry either because of victorious battle or during the promotion segment, the Militia Cavalry goes back into your Recruitment Pool and in the next segment recruit that Militia Cavalry out of the Recruitment Pool.

Of course, if the Militia Cavalry is lost in battle, then it goes in the Recruitment Pool and can go back on the board during the Recruitment Segment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charles mclellan wrote:
If this edition is the same as the former ones, you can promote the Militia Cavalry to Veteran Cavalry either because of victorious battle or during the promotion segment, the Militia Cavalry goes back into your Recruitment Pool and in the next segment recruit that Militia Cavalry out of the Recruitment Pool.

Of course, if the Militia Cavalry is lost in battle, then it goes in the Recruitment Pool and can go back on the board during the Recruitment Segment.

That's the way it's done. It's a clever mechanism, since it puts a natural brake on the rate at which you can build a cavalry force. You can create a sizable cavalry arm but it takes time, and it's fragile -- lose several cavalry units in battle, and you have to start over. Meanwhile, there are pressing demands to recruit infantry militia, which have twice the firepower of cavalry militia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Moslander
United States
Fenton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
charles mclellan wrote:

That's the way it's done. It's a clever mechanism, since it puts a natural brake on the rate at which you can build a cavalry force. You can create a sizable cavalry arm but it takes time, and it's fragile -- lose several cavalry units in battle, and you have to start over. Meanwhile, there are pressing demands to recruit infantry militia, which have twice the firepower of cavalry militia.

Thanks everyone. That helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.