Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Beam Up text: "Return a minion to its owner's hand"

Can this return to me an alien from my discard pile? It doesn't specify "from a base" in the text. So can I, say, return an invader from my discard pile to my hand?

The rules about "Return" say: "This means that a card goes back where it came from. When a card returns from a base, discard attachments on that card." It doesn't seem to say I can't return a card from my discard pile, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Park
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm..

Look at it from a thematic point of view, cause the factions seem to base their abilities on them.

Zombies allows undead to come crawling from the grave all the time. So of course they'll be able to have actions and abilities that helps bring them back.

Martians on the other hand, likes to screw with the other side and perhaps your own for different purpose.

So Beam Me Up will refer to those already on the base, but doesn't matter which minions.

Does that make any sense? Cause I think you're just taking that rule text too literally rather applying themes to the text.

Dunno if I am making any sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Beam Up is from a base. One of the Zombie cards (I forget which) lets you pull from the discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be from a base although I admit it could be more clearly written. In your interpretation it could maybe also be from the deck? I think it should say "a minion in play" instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.