Hide
5 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leprechaun and global power effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Di Fulvio
msg tools
Hello, I had this pop up in a recent game.

On my turn I play a Leprechaun (5 Power; opposing minions played on this base are destroyed if they have less power than the Leprechaun; resolve its ability first).

On my opponents turn, he played Howl (adds X power to all his minions), followed by a Tiger Assassin (starts with 4 Power).

How do these effects work together? Does the Tiger Assassin:

a) come into play and get destroyed by the Leprechaun, or

b) come into play with greater than 4 power, negating the Leprechaun's ability?

We couldn't figure it out and ended up playing rocks/paper/scissors! Any help appreciated!

ps: a more simple question would be does Howl affect minions played later in the turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Tger assasin recieves the bonus before checking if it is below 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's B...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Calandrillo
United States
Bloomington
IL
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
ps: a more simple question would be does Howl affect minions played later in the turn?

IMHO, Howl would only apply to future minions if it were ONGOING
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aex Destroy

Texas
msg tools
Only if he had played the Tiger Assassin BEFORE the Howl, would the Assassin have been destroyed.

Since the leprechaun states that it takes its effect AFTER something has come into play, and since the assassin receives its +1 as soon as it comes into play, I would say that the Leprechaun would not be able to effect it.

Just to elaborate. Because the answer is not B, the Tiger Assassin does not COME IN as +1 it comes in and THEN receives the +1. Its important to note the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.