Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael "Tie-Dyed-Eyes"
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today it was just me at home, while my son had a friend over, so I thought I'd give a try to PeakHope's Solitaire variant of Bombay (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/660538/solitaire-variant). It is a 2-player variant where you test your merchantish skills against a dice-controlled AI opponent named Maya.

My first play took about 30 minutes, and then, I played two more which took about 20 min each.

After my first play, I wondered if the game was too easy to beat, since I won 33-28. I built all 5 of my palaces, just to compete with Maya's impressive stack of Clients. I won the Client/Palace bonus (+4), and took the +8 rupee bonus for City Tokens, and kept Maya from getting any bonuses. Plus 10 rupees for my 5 Places. Add that to the 10 Rupees I had on hand by game end, and I surpassed Maya's impressive stack of money.

This game was tougher, Maya was doing quite a trade in Purple cubes, and twice sold a Purple cube for the lowest price which earns 2 clients. I was hard pressed to stay ahead of her, but again managed a clean sweep of the bonuses, the Client/Palace, +8 City Token Bonus, & Maya got nothing. But her ability to sell all her left-over cubes put her over the top, beating me 29 - to my 28.

The third play was even worse! She dealt almost exclusively in Yellow & Purple cubes (which have special bonuses over the Orange & blues). And her ability to sell at random cities hosed me twice, where I was en route to deliver a lucrative cube, and her dice roll caused her to drop in her delivery by parachute, beating me out of both the top sale price, and the City token. This time I failed to stem the Client Tide. She had 7 clients and 1 palace, compared to my 5 palaces and 1 client. +4 for Maya. My only real accomplishments were the 10 rupees for my palaces, and the 8 rupee bonus for City Tokens, which accounted for 18 of my measly 23 rupees. Maya pummeled my pachyderm with 43 rupees!

Pretty cool rules! Nice Job PeakHope!

Michael;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and that Maya managed to hold her own against you. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.