Popular Tags: [View All]
p p
United States
p
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hi!
I have two questions.

1) If I defeat a monster that has "Battle: DESTROY A HERO OF STRENGHT 4 OR LESS", and I have a hero of strenght 3 with a food that gives him strenght +2, must I destroy that hero?

2) The Evoker ability says "Attack +2 from rank 2 or higher(he can't attack rank 1). Dungeon: pay 1 XP for magic attack +2 and light +2" If I use the dungeon ability can I attack the rank 1 (only with the attack bonus of the dungeon ability)? or can I only attack rank 2 or higher?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saruman wrote:
Hi!
I have two questions.

1) If I defeat a monster that has "Battle: DESTROY A HERO OF STRENGHT 4 OR LESS", and I have a hero of strenght 3 with a food that gives him strenght +2, must I destroy that hero?

You take bonuses into account when applying battle effects, so in this case the food would save your Hero from destruction.

Saruman wrote:
2) The Evoker ability says "Attack +2 from rank 2 or higher(he can't attack rank 1). Dungeon: pay 1 XP for magic attack +2 and light +2" If I use the dungeon ability can I attack the rank 1 (only with the attack bonus of the dungeon ability)? or can I only attack rank 2 or higher?

Be careful what you're quoting --- the card does not say "he can't attack rank 1". What it says is simply "ATTACK +2 against Rank 2 or higher. LIGHT +1 if you have a Light item." What this means is that if your party is attacking a Monster in Rank 1, the Evoker does not get his attack bonus. He can still contribute his Light bonus, if you have the required Light Item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p p
United States
p
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks. But the Evoker of level 2 has the ability to take magic attack +2 if I pay 1 XP. In this case , he contributes with this bonus in rank 1 right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saruman wrote:
Ok, thanks. But the Evoker of level 2 has the ability to take magic attack +2 if I pay 1 XP. In this case , he contributes with this bonus in rank 1 right?

That's right! In Thunderstone, each separated effect is considered as such.

Even the illustration shows that the Evoker thows that firestorm a little too far for close attacks, but he still puts on quite a light show!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
Saruman wrote:

Yes, his level 2 and 3 Dungeon ability can be applied to rank 1. The rank restriction exists only for his trait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p p
United States
p
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Thanks to all!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.