Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the Android implementation as New York, the AI had placed one of its netters next to a mine & an empty hex, so when I draw a pusher, I placed him on the empty hex. However, the game engine won't let me select the netter to push onto the mine. Surely this is a legitimate tactic? Without this ability, mines become significantly less useful...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just to be clear: the mine (onto which you wanted to push the enemy) was not adjacent to the empty space (on which your pusher was standing), right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
The answer to your question taking nothing else into account is Yes.

However there are many other factors to consider which might prevent you from pushing the unit as you want so there might be somthing else preventing you from pushing it.

For example the pusher can only push a unit in a direction that is AWAY from it (ie one of the three spaces behind the unit). Another example is the pusher cannot push a unit that is being netted by the New York net fighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
Yo ho, me hearties!
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
If the unit is netted, it cannot be pushed. Also, if the mine is adjacent to the unit doing the pushing, the opponent's unit cannot be pushed there. The push tile has to move the opponent's unit away from the pushing unit. As allstar said, you can push a unit onto a mine, but other factors would have been preventing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hims
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done everyone: the push wasn't actually moving the enemy tile away, just sliding it along the side. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.