Trento
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
Life is adventure or nothing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

this Saturday in Essen I had a short talk with Bruno Cathala: he told me that he and Ludovic Maublanc are actively working on the fabled sixth player expansion.

With the sixth player, the game itself would change slightly: instead of playing an everybody-against-everybody game as it is now, players would then be playing in three teams, each of whom is made by two players helping each other. For example - as I’ve understood it - player A and B are allies: player A prays to Poseidon and builds the ship bridge from an island to another, then player B prays to Ares and may use player A’s ship bridge to attack the now connected island.

The map itself would change as well, featuring bigger islands divided into two or more areas: thus more players could share the same island, making conflict a bit more likely.

Gods’ powers could also be slightly changed: for example, instead of allowing the player to recruit a free unit as it is currently, the gods would now give the player their own building for free, thus requiring the player to buy even the (formerly free) first unit.

Finally, Mr. Cathala told me they hope this expansion would be published in time for next year’s Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvelous news! This is one of my all time favorite games, so I'm glad to hear they still have new ideas on how to expand the core concept
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi !

but at this time, this are "only" ideas we want to work on... we now have to developp that, verifying all is ok and that player will like the new direction !!

and then we still have to convict the publisher
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patesi LIMAC
Brazil
Recife
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredible!

I can't wait for this!!

The six player and the alliance mode will be a strong change in de mechanics. For exemple, more variables and the end of "clash de leader", much common in five players game.

The gods listened my prayers!!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/760961/sixth-player-request

Thanks, Cathala
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Changing almost everything about the game to shoehorn a 6th player in doesn't sound interesting to me, but then again, I'm not a fan of team games anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To the gallows with the publisher!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tolis PAPADAKIS
Greece
komotini
flag msg tools
I cannt wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
zemus wrote:

Why ?? What did we do ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ice
United States
San Jose
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matagot_contact wrote:
zemus wrote:

Why ?? What did we do ?

Quote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ktice wrote:
matagot_contact wrote:
zemus wrote:

Why ?? What did we do ?

Quote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ktice wrote:
matagot_contact wrote:
zemus wrote:

Why ?? What did we do ?

Quote:

Ok, got it now

That said, I don't think we'll need much convincing... it this expansion is good (and I'm sure it is), we will publish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Hortense
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disgustipater wrote:
Changing almost everything about the game to shoehorn a 6th player in doesn't sound interesting to me, but then again, I'm not a fan of team games anyway.

Hard enough to find one other person that wants to play. Not a fan of team games either. That being said, if this expansion has any new gods/heroes/creatures, then I will get it just for the new cards and figures (if any)..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
San Jacinto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, anything Cyclades is a purchase for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minel Ungureanu
Romania
flag msg tools
This is my all-time favorite game and team-play doesn't sound such interesting for me (I see that I'm not the only one).

Is this decision based on community request or you just can't add anything cool to the normal competitive game mode?

Anyway, at least would be cool to add different powers for each faction, i.e. the red faction can re-roll one die, once per naval combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yaagma yaagma
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want a team-mode

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.