Subject: Portal 2.5 vs Z-man rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the differences of these two versions?

Are the armies the same?

I know earlier there was a difference of two units within one of the armies but those are supposed to be the same now?

Also I think there was something like 4 mercenaries in both but possible just one mad bomber in Z-man but not in Portal or something such. Or are they the same there to now?

Beyond that all I know which actually differ is the player boards which isn't included in the Portal version.

Are there any other differences? The player boards are cool but I don't know whatever I want to pay much extra for them.

Sadly Portal got no more Babel 13, only Duel.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos // Abdullah Ibrahim: African Sun // Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra: Boulevard de L'Independance
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody updated the original thread I started detailing the differences with the 2.5 info: Differences in Portal 2nd edition and Z-Man edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
The only difference is the lack of Mad Bomber in Portal 2.5 edition and the lack of reference cards. The armies are the same.

Portal has no Babel 13 but has the Babel 13 armies as separate army packs (without the terrain tiles, which barely anyone uses anyhow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How big issue is the lack of mad bomber then? What do he do?

Still suck =P

The 2 army expansions are more expensive / army so if I got them I would want to have the map tiles. Regardless. Terrain sound like it may be good/interesting but I guess it wasn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy the army expansions you get one blank hex with each. I used one of them and some laser printable adhesive film to build a Mad Bomber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
If you buy the army expansions you get one blank hex with each. I used one of them and some laser printable adhesive film to build a Mad Bomber.
But no blank in the regular box? Thank you for your help and ideas

Of course I could also get the Z-man version , but I think it's more expensive (but I have to pay additional shipping cost to get a package from Poland so .. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 2.5 portal box, where the four normally blank hexes of each sheet is one of the four mercenary tiles... so no, no blanks in the 2.5 portal box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
I have the 2.5 portal box, where the four normally blank hexes of each sheet is one of the four mercenary tiles... so no, no blanks in the 2.5 portal box.
May just as well ask: Not in duel either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
There are blank hexes in Duel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.