Subject: Manifest and Box Contents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is a really silly question and I really did spend ages searching the for the answer, so please bear with me if the answer is well known...

I bought the expansion Brink of War ages ago, and although I punched it, we never got round to playing it. Last weekend, in an effort to save some space I decided to pack it into the main box. As I did so I checked it against the manifest in the rules. I normally do this when I punch it, but maybe this time I didn't for some reason.

I had everything accounted for except six small grey counters and four small orange/peach counters which I assumed were the temporary and special Military respectively. The only problem was that the manifest says there should be eight and three of these.

I hunted high and low in case I had lost a couple of grey ones (and they had included a spare of the other), but looking here on BGG seems to suggest that I have the same number as others:

Can someone please explain?

Many thanks in advance,

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
2 of the "peach" and the 6 gray counters together make up the 8 counters used to track temporary Military (either temporary Military vs Imperial worlds or temporary Military due to discard powers).

The other 2 "peach" counters and the white rectangular counter make up the 3 counters used to track special Military (either special Military to defend versus takeovers or the PGSC's ability to spend a prestige to defeat a takeover attempt).

See BoW rules, page 8, where these counters are depicted besides their explanatory text (which includes how many of each are supplied).

So, assuming you do have this white rectangular counter, you should be good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks very much Tom; yes, I think I *do* have that other tile, but I'll check when I get back. I did look through the rules as well (honest!), but didn't spot/understand that bit.

Thanks again,

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Tom; I checked last night and I did have this token and (having read page 8) I have a better idea what it's all about.

Thanks again,

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.