Cassill
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Just wanting some help with the following:

I would like to do my own set of stickers for Europe Engulfed (and eventually Asia Engulfed), however, I am finding a few things difficult.

My understanding of EE is that it is mostly at divisional level? Is this the case?

If it is the case my idea was to get rid of the NATO symbols and use the divisional emblems of actual period divisions as the logos just to add a bit of chrome. I can find quite a few divisional emblems for Germany, US and UK but I am struggling (a little with Italy) with France, USSR, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and Finland. If anyone had any good refence sites or know of any books it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking for EE that the ground units are corps sized for the most part (and army sized for the Russians), not divisional. Of course, I haven't looked at my copy in awhile (though I think it will hit the table in 2013), so I could be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, the German and WAllied blocks are corps level with each step representing about a division and the Soviet blocks, and probably some of the minors, are armies. You probably would need more than 3 times the current number of blocks to reflect divisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron D wrote:
You probably would need more than 3 times the current number of blocks to reflect divisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassill
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information!

Any ideas where I could find a good reference of Corps (and Armies) Ingsignias in the quanitity that I need for all nations represented in EE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sallot
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dradice,

I don't think what you are looking for really exists. The Germans and Soviets had armored corps and armies (at least in name) while the Allies generally had mixed corps, at least based on the order of battle research I did for corp-level game in the late period of the war. Theoritically, you could figure out which corps were predominantly tank have and use their patch (US) or insignia, but it will be more art than science. For US [url]http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/UniformedServices/Uniforme... [/url] look under "unit insignia." There you have a few choices.

Cheers,

H6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.