Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing Macao and I think the game is good as is. But some have complained the game is not very interactive. But I have an idea about the cards and would like to hear some opinions. What if players could buy the cards from other players that have not been activated? Granted, the purchased card would still have to be activated by the player who purchased it.

The cost could be:

1) The player buying the card must pay the other player 3 to 5 gold
or maybe
2) 1 gold and the player who had his card purchased gets to choose a third die that round during the die/cube distribution phase

or perhaps
3) I have been playing too much Hansa Teutonica lately and I need to shut up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I go for option 3. In a nice way.

Buying cards off your opponents will often be doing them a BIG favour when they're scrabbling around trying to snatch up cubes to get them off their mat. Giving them extra money as well is just too nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to mention how small the cards are, so the effort to see and keep track of your opponents cards would probably slow things down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Ok Ok, my attempt to create Hansa Macaonica failed. I accept defeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dupree
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The going price in our games is traditionally twenty U.S. dollars. However, no transaction has taken place at this price as of yet.

If you could agree on a price freely it could be a mutually beneficial transaction. There are certainly situations where the card is not much of a burden on the other player, but not a benefit either. For instance, storages that never panned out. A player could even pay you to take a card off their hands that they can't activate but you can.

I suspect that the other players might object, either way, since this could be quite powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.