Subject: Packing the 5th Anniversary Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Soeren Svane
Denmark
Viborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone a guide to how you pack the box? It very much seems as if the designers have chosen a particular setup, but currently it seems to anyones guess. I'm especially wondering whether it recommends packing the expansions seperate from the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more interested into what the extra's are in the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekar wrote:

1} Α very funny comic.

2} The Even Steven cards {I don't know if they are included in the 2nd expansion too} which make the difference in player skill more balanced while playing the game. A neat idea because if there is one problem with this game it's that more experienced players always have a big advantage over newbies making sessions boring and uninteresting.

These new cards along with an uneven distribution among players of the Rough Roads Ahead cards make the game challenging again for everyone regardless of player skill and the game stills seems balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Murmak
Czech Republic
Kladno
flag msg tools
publisher
Current favorite games: Tzolk'in & Terra Mystica
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
2} The Even Steven cards {I don't know if they are included in the 2nd expansion too} which make the difference in player skill more balanced while playing the game. A neat idea because if there is one problem with this game it's that more experienced players always have a big advantage over newbies making sessions boring and uninteresting.

These new cards along with an uneven distribution among players of the Rough Roads Ahead cards make the game challenging again for everyone regardless of player skill and the game stills seems balanced.

These cards are not part of Another Big Expansion. We gave them in Essen as a bonus to everyone who bought Another Big Expansion and they will be available from BGG once they will bring things from Essen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks, I didn't manage to get to Essen sadly. But it seems like the major reason to get the aniversary edition would be the box. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the even steven cards from the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of copying/printing all of the ships onto cardstock instead of thick cardboard. That would make the whole collection much lighter to carry around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Bristol
South Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
http://www.gamesquest.co.uk/blog/
badge
http://www.gamesquest.co.uk/blog/
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get to Essen and didn't manage to find anyone to pick me up a copy of this. I really want to get my hands on it Anyone know if or when this might hit the stores in the UK? Or if I can order it from anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameslore say they're expecting a restock in mid-November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kreten wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:

These cards are not part of Another Big Expansion. We gave them in Essen as a bonus to everyone who bought Another Big Expansion and they will be available from BGG once they will bring things from Essen...

You seem to be associated with Czech Games, so I'd like to ask you about the back colour of the new tiles in ABE (and sorry for this being slightly off-topic). When I bought the Big Expansion it turned out that the backs of the new tiles have a slightly different shade of black compared with the base game tiles, the difference being enough for the base and new tiles to be identified easily. Now it's not a major issue, it's slightly annoying, I hope that's not a too strong word for that (I try my very best ignoring this and play that way, the same could not be told about my son :-). So I ask this because I consider two options: buying ABE, or buying the Anniversary Edition (the latter obviously solving my problem, but not without a pretty significant cost increase:-) Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone who has the 5th Anniversary Edition confirm that all of the tile backs match? Were they all printed at the same time?

I have two copies of the base game and two of the big expansion. Three of those four match pretty well, the fourth is quite different. So it's not consistent between print runs.

I'm hoping that all of the 5th Anniversary tiles were printed at the same time in the same print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Can anyone who has the 5th Anniversary Edition confirm that all of the tile backs match? Were they all printed at the same time?

I have two copies of the base game and two of the big expansion. Three of those four match pretty well, the fourth is quite different. So it's not consistent between print runs.

I'm hoping that all of the 5th Anniversary tiles were printed at the same time in the same print run.

I can confirm that in my copy of the anniversary edition all the tiles have the exact same tile backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jotaro Kujo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
Tekar wrote:

1} Α very funny comic.

so both even steven and road ahead are included?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TuckboxTom wrote:
Has anyone a guide to how you pack the box? It very much seems as if the designers have chosen a particular setup, but currently it seems to anyones guess. I'm especially wondering whether it recommends packing the expansions seperate from the rest.

So, back to the original question...I like to keep the expansions separate so you can mix/match the expansions depending on the type of game and experience of the players. I would love to see how people have packed the box in this way.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msweazey wrote:
TuckboxTom wrote:

So, back to the original question...I like to keep the expansions separate so you can mix/match the expansions depending on the type of game and experience of the players. I would love to see how people have packed the box in this way.

Michael

Put all of the original tiles into one of the large wells. Then put expansion 1 tiles into a bag, and expansion 2 tiles into another bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just got done with mine and did it a similar way. I bagged all the components for the base and each expansion separately and put each expansion in one well. Then I banded the base and each expansion's cards separately with Hugo's Amazing Tape and put them in the card area. I don't think I did the cards as elegantly as the designers intended because of the smaller card slots, but I think it will make it easy to use each part of the game I want for each session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the reasons why BGG is awesome. I just got the game and was wondering whether or not it would behoove me to separate the expansions or just mix everything together. It sounds like the variability with each exp. separate is preferable. thumbsup

Thank you for asking the question and thank you for your answers!

I love the instant gratification teh internets provide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Galaxy Trucker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Moved to Galaxy Trucker

Shouldn't this be in Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - Thanks!

Moved to Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.