$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
399 Posts
[1]  Prev «  9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13  Next »  [16] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: cancon [+] cancon2013 [+] [View All]
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Kevin. This requires an executive decision - as I see it, what we agreed a couple of trades ago was the best way is not the way we advertised this trade as happening. The difference is very minor, but I don't like to "change" the rules at the last moment. I've sent Ben and Rene a message to see what they think.

cyberkev63 wrote:
Friendless wrote:
thepackrat wrote:
Hum. For limit enforcement, I'm not sure removing someone's highest successful bid is the Right Way. Wouldn't those more commonly be difficult-to-trade games?

Correct, that's why we changed it a few trades ago. Now I remove a minimum bid. However, Kevin is right to say that the implied limit is your highest bid.

That's not what the header on the Math Trade Geeklist says:

The Header on the Math Trade Geeklist wrote:
If anyone has exceeded their spending limit, their highest-priced successful bid is removed and the algorithm is re-run.

Also, the wiki page says the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the deadline for wants lists is tonight, if everyone meets the deadline I'll be able to publish the results tonight. Consequently I've just sent out a load of emails reminding people to get their wants lists in. If someone comes to this thread saying "I have no idea what to do", please help them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's make the wiki page reflect reality (anyone can fix it, after all) and then resolve to never have gobs of partial information (or gobs of text in general) in the list header again :)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, since the "what we remove to implement the limit" is an implementation detail you don't promise, I don't see any issue with changing said implementation detail. You're already clear that there aren't any order of preferences, the limit and wantlist behaviour is unchanged.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Stats Update
Wants List not submitted:

# of Trades

-
-
Games Traded

-
-
Less than 5 hours to go

Randy (GeneSteeler) is away on overseas trip with family in his native lands of Canada, so I hope he has not forgotten.

(garypgary) & (lokides) are mentioned in the Friendless list a short while ago with the blank templates though not included with diagnostics as not having submmitted a wants list.

Fixes:
junkmonsta: Unknown code 2387971-FRESCO Correct code is 2387971-FRESC
perhaps if wants access to second copy (only taking one) he should include in his wants list the duplicates alias coding and reference to the alias:
(junkmonsta) %FRESC-66188: 2387971-FRESC 2452666-FRESC

mikotan26: Unknown code 2452675-ALIEF Needs to clarify if wanting 2452675-BLACG or 2452678-ALIEF

mikotan26: Unknown code 2454724-RAFOT if wanting Race for the Galaxy, correct code is 2454721-RAFOT
perhaps if wants access to other four copies (only taking one) he should include in his wants list the duplicates alias coding and reference to the alias:
(mikotan26) %RAFOT-28143: 2433811-RAFOT 2454721-RAFOT 2456160-RAFOT 2456163-RAFOT

silentwolf: Unknown code 2382510-VANUATU Correct code is 2382510-VANUA
perhaps if wants access to second copy (only taking one) he should include in his wants list the duplicates alias coding and reference to the alias:
(silentwolf) %VANUA-104020: 2382510-VANUA 2430704-VANUA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:

(garypgary) & (lokides) are mentioned in the Friendless list a short while ago with the blank templates though not included with diagnostics as not having submmitted a wants list.

Both have been sighted by the verifier. I don't know what or whether they've submitted. GeneStealer has not been sighted.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:

I was naughty and sold an item (Vegas Showdown) just after the deadline for removing.

It's clearly marked as unavailable....

Sorry... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
ELSTERNWICK
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Moose_Head wrote:

Both have been sighted by the verifier. I don't know what or whether they've submitted. GeneStealer has not been sighted.

B>

What do you mean, 'sighted by the verifier'? Does it keep a record of who used it and what their want lists are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lokides wrote:
Moose_Head wrote:

I was naughty and sold an item (Vegas Showdown) just after the deadline for removing.

It's clearly marked as unavailable....

Sorry... blush

You still have to submit a (blank) want-list for it; you can't shouldn't just ignore it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prd1982 wrote:

What do you mean, 'sighted by the verifier'? Does it keep a record of who used it and what their want lists are?

This year I got the verifier to save copies of the dates/times of runs and to keep any errors so I could more easily fix bugs, this also means I've exposed a log interface that lists the time, user, and whether there was an error.

It turned out to be helpful because not everyone reported an error they saw, but also helpful since I could instantly see what went wrong when an error was reported.

If people are terribly concerned about this, you should understand that any web service can (and typically will) log part or all of the data sent to it. Whether that's my verifier or mr_lunch's toolbox. Similarly, Friendless also gets to see your want list when you eventually email it to him.

There's probably a way for one of us to use this data to do something fiendish, but it seems pretty farfetched and probably a lot of work. Certainly, I couldn't personally be bothered, since I've spent my free time writing the verifier.

My own wantlists have been pretty much identical the four times I sent them in apart from 1) I forgot about a game (twice!), and was reminded of it by a geeklist comment, 2) I forgot that there were two copies of something and created a group, and 3) I juggled the size of something from medium to small because I found I was getting another copy.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:
Randy (GeneSteeler) is away on overseas trip with family in his native lands of Canada, so I hope he has not forgotten.

I messaged Randy in Canada and this was the response:
GeneSteeler wrote:
Thanks. I won't be able to make one. My apologies

So in Summary, assume zero want lists on his part given he is overseas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Allen
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
The Respected Universities of Jol-Nar.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:

# of Trades

-
-
Games Traded

-
-
Less than 5 hours to go

Clearly this data requires a graph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:

You still have to submit a (blank) want-list for it; you can't shouldn't just ignore it

Oops - Sorry again (It's OK - I used to be on the Hertfordshire Apology Team)

Didn't realise this... blush

I've back-and-forthed with John, so I'm gonna assume everything is OK

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
some_guy wrote:
Moose_Head wrote:

# of Trades

-
-
Games Traded

-
-
Less than 5 hours to go

Sadly I am without standard capable tools so the data collection itself will need to suffice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat McLaughlin
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
What's another word for Thesaurus?
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
As the deadline for wants lists is tonight, if everyone meets the deadline I'll be able to publish the results tonight.

What if they don't? It's a deadline ....isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:
some_guy wrote:
Moose_Head wrote:

# of Trades

-
-
Games Traded

-
-
Less than 5 hours to go

Sadly I am without standard capable tools so the data collection itself will need to suffice.

Google docs can publish graphs as images. I used it here once.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snog wrote:
Friendless wrote:
As the deadline for wants lists is tonight, if everyone meets the deadline I'll be able to publish the results tonight.

Yes, that's my opinion too, but if I got a telegram saying:

IN CANADA STOP WANT LIST ALMOST FINISHED STOP PLEASE WAIT FIVE MINUTES STOP GENESTEELER

then I'd honour it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snog wrote:
Friendless wrote:

Ish. Since more trades are good for everyone, things are sometimes a but flexible.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Num trades = 399 (323 games)

Jagged Tooth Grin has not submitted a wants list
Lucky Phil is using a default spending limit
Nights has not submitted a wants list
Ozboy has not submitted a wants list
Tezza has not submitted a wants list
User EGF via Moose_Head has submitted wants but is not in the geeklist.
User Moose_Head has submitted wants but is not in the geeklist.
User katsuben has submitted wants but is not in the geeklist.
ZombieJules has not submitted a wants list
abeheron has not submitted a wants list
cerulgalactus has not submitted a wants list
kathyb is using a default spending limit
shawn_low has not submitted a wants list
thevader has not submitted a wants list

I've heard from Tezza. I heard from abeheron but am not sure he will submit. Jagged Tooth Grin and shawn_low will not submit. Haven't heard from Ozboy, Nights, ZombieJules, cerulgalactus or thevader; and won't wait for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat McLaughlin
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
What's another word for Thesaurus?
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
snog wrote:
Friendless wrote:

Yes, that's my opinion too, but if I got a telegram saying:

IN CANADA STOP WANT LIST ALMOST FINISHED STOP PLEASE WAIT FIVE MINUTES STOP GENESTEELER

then I'd honour it.

Yeah, that sounds pretty fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Australia
Hornsby
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
...shawn_low will not submit...

tiggers (here and here) wrote:
I'm curious Shawn, are you open to actually trading these games in the maths trade or just selling them? I just ask cause if you aren't planning on submitting a want list for them and a number of other folks only put your games on their want lists (being highly desirable as they are) it could reduce the number of trades that occur.
I don't mind if, or even how, he sells them. I don't mind if they come up again in a maths trade in 6 months. I just would like to be reassured that if they are being listed here that they are genuinely available "for trade" as a part of this maths trade (be it for games or cash).

If Shawn wants to create traffic for purely sale purposes there are other effective ways of doing this on BGG. (A GL auction of these items would be work but they would sell). I remember seeing someone else's want list during a previous maths trade and they had only listed Shawn's rarities. Shawn hadn't submitted a want list and so none of this person's items traded (which were interesting games also). This creates a chain reaction and lowers the overall number or trades.

Just sayin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, with all these people you've heard from, when will I hear how few of the games I wanted, I actually got? :)

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Australia
Hornsby
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking it might be good to have a central/separate place to discuss suggestions for the next maths trade (some have already come up in this thread, I have a few more myself, and I'm sure others will have even more). This thread wouldn't be ideal as discussions are about to turn to the results of this trade. What would work best - a new thread in the same forum; a geeklist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Stats Update

# of Trades

-
-
Games Traded

-
-
Less than 11 mins to go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Num trades = 411 (333 games)

Jagged Tooth Grin has not submitted a wants list
Lucky Phil is using a default spending limit
Nights has not submitted a wants list
User EGF via Moose_Head has submitted wants but is not in the geeklist.
User Moose_Head has submitted wants but is not in the geeklist.
User katsuben has submitted wants but is not in the geeklist.
abeheron has not submitted a wants list
cerulgalactus has not submitted a wants list
shawn_low has not submitted a wants list
thevader has not submitted a wants list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.