$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
399 Posts
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  Next »  [16] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: cancon [+] cancon2013 [+] [View All]
Eric Chu
Australia
Nedlands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
Friendless wrote:

In the past there has been the suggestion to wait a day or two in case of errors etc., are we bothering with that?

I've geekmailed everyone I'm sending my stuff to, so it's too late!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
ELSTERNWICK
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the dust has settled, it looks like I'm left with a few that I'm keen to get rid of:

- Muchkin Zombies (asking $10)
- Modern Art (asking $10)
- Condotierre (asking $10)

Take all 3 for $25 (or reasonable offer)

I'm also open to offers for Feudality, Power Struggle, and Antike Duellum (which I wasn't able to add to the MT before it closed).. .

I've managed to find someone who can transport them to CanCon, so shipping costs could be avoided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
Friendless wrote:

In the past there has been the suggestion to wait a day or two in case of errors etc., are we bothering with that?

No, because nobody ever waits. If there's a screw-up we have to sort it out in addition to the frenzied packing and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's set up a separate scraps list tomorrow, so it's easier for people to browse... In fact.

Scraps from the 2012 EoY Aussie Maths Trade

Have at it!

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:

No, because nobody ever waits. If there's a screw-up we have to sort it out in addition to the frenzied packing and so on.

What could go wrong. I send my abstracts to you, you send your abstracts to me, and some other people do some things :)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Doull
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
It's lines like this that make me love cash as a liqudity-enabler in Math Trades:

Quote:
2421938-EMPIB from Unhalfbricking receives $10.0 from dlow and sends to $60.0 from chicken_ramen

:whistle:

Next time I'll be more careful in reading the actual geeklist items for things I submit wants for, but I'm glad this worked out for someone. :)

Or maybe I'm just a really big pewter fan. :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

Erin and I are particularly pleased to get a copy of Ilium, each.

Yep.

Next time, 1 trade list for both of us...

Does anyone know whether it is possible to combine 2 copies into "Super-Ilium", AKA Trojan Maxi, AKA Pelvis?

Also, given that two copies of Plato 3000 are much better than one copy, does anyone know how the game fares with three? I think we may be onto something groundbreaking here.

Ilium and Plato: beware Greeks bearing gifts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicken_ramen wrote:
dlow wrote:
It's lines like this that make me love cash as a liqudity-enabler in Math Trades:

Quote:
2421938-EMPIB from Unhalfbricking receives $10.0 from dlow and sends to $60.0 from chicken_ramen

whistle

Next time I'll be more careful in reading the actual geeklist items for things I submit wants for, but I'm glad this worked out for someone.

Or maybe I'm just a really big pewter fan.

Just read the items - ouch. I understand now. Ouch gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james Reid
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
What's the etiquette on asking about combined shipping; both games of mine that traded are going to the ACT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abanon wrote:
What's the etiquette on asking about combined shipping; both games of mine that traded are going to the ACT.

"Buddy, can you spare a dime moment to pass this on to X?" normally works :-) The ACT is small enough, and CANCON big enough, that - if you post - one of your targets should be able to pass it on to the other.

Even better if you know a local who is going to Cancon, in which case it becomes "Buddy, can you spare some luggage space?", etc. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abanon wrote:

Oh hai Tezza do u no Shingo?

James, I may be able to mule for you, if you're not trading away Bootleggers or something obnoxious. I work in Brisbane CBD and live on the north side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Australia
Armidale
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to find an item in the list by its code? Let's say I'm looking for 2306455, how do I find that easily in the 41 page list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:
Is there any way to find an item in the list by its code? Let's say I'm looking for 2306455, how do I find that easily in the 41 page list?

I reckon something like this would work.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/148789/item/2306455#it...

except I think you supplied a dud code, for example with item 2454662 it does work:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/148789/item/2454662#it...

Mouse over my links or quote the comment to see the full link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Searching list for items
Amnese wrote:
Use the Lunchbox tools in your browser with selection of viewing all enabled and then search for the text you are hunting. The tools provide the ability expand details as required, filter for all from a person, anything you want to do except generate your list.

Alternately, include the number with text "www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/item/" as your browser URL and you will jump to the chosen item. As Fraser correctly points out, the number you have given does not relate to the geeklist we have all been working on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does clickandsend seriously require that I tell it the phone number and email address of my recipient? I have to congratulate Australia Post on making an on-line system which is even slower than going to the actual post office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
Abanon wrote:

Oh hai Tezza do u no Shingo?

James, I may be able to mule for you, if you're not trading away Bootleggers or something obnoxious. I work in Brisbane CBD and live on the north side.

I guess this is pretty small place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
Does clickandsend seriously require that I tell it the phone number and email address of my recipient? I have to congratulate Australia Post on making an on-line system which is even slower than going to the actual post office.

I don't believe so, unless you want them notified of its tracking stuff.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Click and Send help
Friendless wrote:
Their web interface in infuriating to say the least, though I wanted to save the few bucks shipping to WA and if it meant giving them all that guff, so be it. Would they actually call at the other end ? I seriously doubt it, as it would take too much effort.

The tracking stuff appears cool, though I am not certain beyond the final delivery stuff that anything actually happens once it leaves your home state until that final delivery day, that was my experience at least.

Just so others do not have to search, I will also repeat the AusPost ClickAndSend stuff (max weight 15kg), if required:

Box Width Depth Height Post Cost Box Cost C&S Code
Bx1 220mm 160mm 77mm $6.50 $1.70 00069
Bx2 310mm 225mm 102mm $10.50 $2.25 00076
Bx4 430mm 305mm 140mm $13.25 $3.00 00090

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tracking is nice if the people involved bother to scan the package as it goes past, which is highly unreliable.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's telling me $15.70, plus enter a bunch of details about the recipient. I have no fucking idea what that thing is about. Why can I understand Maths Trades but apparently not the postal service?

Edit: in particular, on the one page create an item, I cannot disable tracking even though I don't want any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
It's telling me $15.70, plus enter a bunch of details about the recipient. I have no fucking idea what that thing is about. Why can I understand Maths Trades but apparently not the postal service?

Edit: in particular, on the one page create an item, I cannot disable tracking even though I don't want any.

Well, you get basic tracking. Are you entering the proper product code number from Moosehead's post above? I'm going to do battle with the damn thing tomorrow, so I can scout ahead if you like.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, did anyone find the spreadsheet template useful? Any comments or requests?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Are you entering the proper product code number from Moosehead's post above?

No, because I can't find a place that will accept it. I enter the dimension manually, but still have the tracking & phone number problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Click and Send help
Friendless wrote:

Aus Post Click and Send (a.k.a. infuriate the hell out of technical people)

you need to enter one of the promo codes:
B1: 00069
B2: 00076
B4: 00090
and hit Search

(Using example of 00090 B4) It will then auto fill details such as:
Packaging type

AP/eBay FLAT RATE Bx4 Box
Weight

15.000 kg
Length

43.00 cm
Width

30.50 cm
Height

14.00 cm

If you do that it will then give you the promo pricing as well as fill in the dimensions.
Pricing will appear when you select Search available services .
It's a pain in the ass.

Edit: to correct for interface nuances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:

I think tracking is compulsory with Click and Send, but flat rate boxes work out cheaper anyway unless you're sending within the same state. If it's coming up as $15.70 then you have not selected a flat rate box or have added some other option to it.

Step by step (day by day by day):

1. Log in. Hit "Create an Item".

2. Enter person's address. Ignore anything the phone number and email address and anything that sounds like an option (notification etc.).

3. Under "Item Details", where it says "If you have a product promo code, please enter here" you should enter the flat-rate code -- mouseover the "?" for a quick reference. You will probably want 00090 for a Bx4 box.

Hit the "Search" button.

The packaging dropdown should change to "AP/eBay FLAT RATE Bx4 Box" with greyed-out dimensions and 15kg weight.

4. Scroll down to the "Service" section and hit the big red "Search Available Services" button. It should only come up with one, costing $13.25.

5. Hit "Process" at the bottom. This adds the item to your shopping cart. You will have to find your way to the shopping cart link at the top of the page to actually pay for and then print the labels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.