$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
399 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: cancon [+] cancon2013 [+] [View All]
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No time for me to add any items this time around, so I guess that means I can't even put in any cash bids

I've just added trade codes with the semi-auto code generator thingy. Geekmail me, if there's something screwy as I won't see it here.

Pretty flat out at the moment, but I'll try to add some other goodies to the Trade Tools before selection time. There's now an option to show all of the items, but it's a big list! Force a reload the next time you visit.

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering, Lunchy, why can't you generate a 5-digit code based on the item number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
mr_lunch wrote:
No time for me to add any items this time around, so I guess that means I can't even put in any cash bids :)

Actually, doesn't the cash stuff mean that you can submit a want list even if you have no items up yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy" AKA tiggers
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
revgiblet wrote:
mr_lunch wrote:
No time for me to add any items this time around, so I guess that means I can't even put in any cash bids

Actually, doesn't the cash stuff mean that you can submit a want list even if you have no items up yourself?

Yep that's right. Just because you haven't listed any items that doesn't prevent you from sumbitting cash bids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
Just wondering, Lunchy, why can't you generate a 5-digit code based on the item number?

This code /does/ make it a lot easier to construct URL to link to items.

Can someone email me a finally final list of submitting user + code when it's final, then I'll update the wantlist verifier tool.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Sample want list 2012
revgiblet wrote:
mr_lunch wrote:
Correct !

Let's see who is awake. The following is possible, though not likely....

(Moose_Head) %VEGAS-15364: 2366859-VEGAS 2387976-VEGAS 2447435-VEGAS 2456192-VEGAS
(Moose_Head) %OASIS-9027: 2366865-OASIS 2370481-OASIS 2386584-OASIS 2398807-OASIS 2454314-OASIS 2456142-OASIS
(Moose_Head) %PUERR-3076: 2366887-PUERR 2387975-PUERR

(Moose_Head) $20: %VEGAS-15364
(Moose_Head) $20: %OASIS-9027
(Moose_Head) $20: %PUERR-3076
(Moose_Head) $30: 2366932-RAOTW
(Moose_Head) $20: 2370542-SANTI

(Moose_Head) LIMIT: $50
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't we strictly avoid anything other than [A-Z] in group names because it'll significantly reduce the chance that someone will do something foolish that won't get caught.

I can see that this year is going to require some extra love for the BGG maths trade verifier. Such is life.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Rats Verification Tools
thepackrat wrote:
I can see that this year is going to require some extra love for the BGG maths trade verifier.
No more love than usual I suspect. The example above utilised the lunchbox tool set taking advantage of the auto generated duplicate protection and manually cut/paste of codes where appropriate. The beauty of the system this time is the double check of both the geeklist item number and the abbreviated name making alot more sense than hand allocated numbers according to list order at the time of code creation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose_Head wrote:
thepackrat wrote:
I can see that this year is going to require some extra love for the BGG maths trade verifier.
No more love than usual I suspect. The example above utilised the lunchbox tool set taking advantage of the auto generated duplicate protection and manually cut/paste of codes where appropriate. The beauty of the system this time is the double check of both the geeklist item number and the abbreviated name making alot more sense than hand allocated numbers according to list order at the time of code creation.

Well, I wish lunchboxes wouldn't invent new group code formats! We actually did a lot of checks in the my want list verifier which did check both as well, and even made suggestions when errors cropped up.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The [A-Z] in the duplicate protection group name should be the same as in individual items. To make sure there are no accidental clashes, the [0-9] is the item's id here on BGG. Nothing stopping someone coming up with their own code anyway. I'd be happy with just the ID number in an automated world, but people like to see letters

EDIT: for a full list of codes, click the CSV download link on the geeklist view page (top left of the table).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having more descriptive names for groups is useful. People will also be chasing sweeteners and condition, I suspect.

Are the codes final now?

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. For the sake of lost people, why don't we move all the information about tools and whatnot into a single central place. I just created a page and pasted in the formatting information from a previous trade.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Aussie_Maths_Trade

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well that's just great I missed this auction due to no notification and I use this site a lot! Why isn't it posted to the Sydney Forum or a forum other than Canberra, esp considering it's supposed to be the AUSSIE MATH TRADE??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
Why isn't it posted to the Sydney Forum or a forum other than Canberra

Because there are places in Australia other than Sydney? Isn't there a thread that everyone follows for notifications of new trades?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
coxy_fc wrote:

Because there are places in Australia other than Sydney? Isn't there a thread that everyone follows for notifications of new trades?

So you don't inform Sydneysiders then? You tell me, if those organising don't know then I probably won't either. I'm subscribed to the last math trade list plus a list that informs of aussie trades and auctions but obviously that wasn't enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We made Pat swear he wouldn't tell anyone else. I just subscribed myself to all the state forums to make sure I miss nothing. If someone could post the official announcement thread, we could get Coxy subscribed while we remember.

Despite sounding like a total bastard, I do sympathise Greg, but the system we have is a compromise between getting the word out and avoiding spam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Merlot
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was posted in the two threads you should subscribe to here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/61076/the-australian-trade...

and here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/483458/australian-ultimate-t...

Surely you are subscribed to one of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason it was posted in the Canberra forum is because this trade is to encourage people to attend CanCon for exchange. If I post in every single group in the Australian forums I may be flagged as spammer. I did ask two month ago when the trade was up to all colleagues in other states/territories to let people know in their region know.

Also, as indicated above, this was let know in the maths trade announcement list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
Australia
Murrumbeena
Victoria
flag msg tools
I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
Well that's just great I missed this auction due to no notification and I use this site a lot! Why isn't it posted to the Sydney Forum or a forum other than Canberra, esp considering it's supposed to be the AUSSIE MATH TRADE??

Greg, you might have missed the chance to make some trades, but the option to try some cash offers for anything you're interested is still open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The following items are highlighted as not available:

249-Coney Island
403-London
742-Vegas Showdown

I won't delete them, just for information while preparing your want list.

Post here if you find further not available items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aussie Year End Math(s) Trade 2012 - Sydney
coxy_fc wrote:
Friendless wrote:
coxy_fc wrote:
So you don't inform Sydneysiders then? You tell me, if those organising don't know then I probably won't either. I'm subscribed to the last math trade list plus a list that informs of aussie trades and auctions but obviously that wasn't enough.
Coming from someone in Melbourne, the world does not revolve around Sydney, thank goodness. We have wonderful contributors in Briz-Vegas, Land of never ending churches, Border land, The Western Outpost as well as the Mexican contingent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:

249-Coney Island
403-London
742-Vegas Showdown

I found 403, 742 and 779 in my pass through
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:

249-Coney Island
403-London
742-Vegas Showdown

It would probably have been better if those were actual codes :)

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Amiguero wrote:

249-Coney Island
403-London
742-Vegas Showdown

It would probably have been better if those were actual codes

B>
2382502-CONEI 2407595-LONDO 2447435-VEGAS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:

If it's any consolation, all of the good stuff was sold and deleted before the end of November

New updates to the trade tools just posted. You can now save your own specific duplicate lists. Next part to be added is a page showing all of your saved data in a plain text format. I have some other fun tools, but I doubt I'll get them online before people are done with their lists*. Gotta do the paid stuff first!

*Unless your name is Neil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.